• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Use the Internet While in Class

Do you use the internet in class?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dan

Personally I think this is a bad idea, I am way easily too distracted and having access to the internet would not allow me to get anything done. What are you little niplets?
Oh one more thing, I mean just to surf the web for leisure rather than perhaps researching or something to benefit your class work.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Back when I was in school I would only use the internet in two classes, those being Horticulture and Home Designs, overall most people got away with such things because the teachers were quite easy going and as soon as you had done a decent amount of work for the day you would just be able to do whatever. One time I was listening to Under Pressure by David Bowie and Queen and after my Home Design teacher saw this he had me look up more songs by Bowie, Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars alongside Aladdin Sane being two of the Albums he had me look up. Good times, good times, David Bowie is awesome...

I am in English class right now. We are in a library computer lab at the moment, gathering information for our research projects. I'm just, stealthy enough to sneak on this here site without getting caught. I'm used to having a monitor in plain sight, so I've learned how to be sneaky. :bleh:

But, when I'm without access to a computer in class, that doesn't really stop me from getting on the internet. I often check my phone compulsively every five minutes or so to reload the DGN Forum index and check for new posts. It's a habit I've had for the last three years, so yeah. I don't feel too devoted to any other sites to check them as often as I do this one, though I will occasionally open up my mobile browser's bookmarks and check the other places I frequent when I have nothing to do.

Note to self: chatting in the Shoutbox all morning instead of writing up lab protocols is not the wisest thing to do.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I can only do this in my Physics class and my Yearbook class, because they're the only classes I have that have computers in the room. In Physics, I do it whenever I have some down time. In Yearbook, it's all I ever do, because we've finished this year's book, and I don't have to work on the next one because I'm a senior.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
No, I don't do it. Being in my last year of university, my courses are now somewhat important so I gotta take lots of notes and pay attention.
Nothing is worse than profs testing material they mentioned in class. Like, not material that is in the textbooks, or on lecture slides, but something that they just SAY IN PASSING.

Gotta be ready for everything... Ever vigilant. Thus, no slacking for that 1 hour.

Yes. Not that much of a crime or anything, considering we're not reprimanded for it. It's also less disruptive when you're using your mobile...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom