• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Do You Think Zant Was a Good Villain?

Do you think Zant was a good villain

• Really Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OK

• Really Bad

• Total voters

NotOfThisWorld

previously 'retro.love'
I thought he was a really cool villain until the temper tantrum he started throwing. I went from "Oh, man, what crazy stuff is this guy gonna do next?" to "Oh... um... it's ok, buddy? Here, I'll put my sword down and let you kill me. Will that make you feel better?"

Agreed. LOL! That comment made my night :P

R

Raze

Zant had a wider attack variety then most bosses in the game, which was good. Link's attack methods were limited which made the battle kind of boring, but Zant was an overall pretty good boss.

zant were absolute cool althought when he took his mask of he acted like an insane and his strange voice got you scared,at least me.zant were really creepy when he appeared and talked to midna at the light spirits spring just acting prefectly for a bad villian,i really got frightened from him in that cutscene...

Mr Reaper

Fear The Reaper
He's my favorite villain in the Zelda series but he would be SO much better if he didn't go insane in the Twilight Palace, plus I think he would be a much better villain if he didn't worship someone else and wanted the world for himself.

Okay at first when he first started showing up I though "OMG!!!! He's awesome!!!!!!" but towards the end and when you fight him (which I found easy) I found him to be alright...I think that's because he wasn't as tough as I thought he was going to be....but I still find him cool and like him as a villain...just easy to defeat....

Djinn

and Tonic
I think Zant is a prime example of less really being more. During the early parts of the game when he was very scarcely seen and the few times you did encounter him he only appeared and would backhand a lightpirit with little effort or revive an ancient dead dragon then pop off without much of a care he really gave off this vibe of incredibly dangerous and very powerful eldritch entity that is a genuine threat. He displayed some amazing feats of power after already takong over most of Hyrule and sending shadow demons after you, after cursing both Link and Midna and transforming all the inhabitants of Hyrule into spirits. It really caused you to wonder if Link really could take this guy, would you actually have to fight him later on in the game? Because against someone like that a few more hearts and some items might not cut it.

He seemed so much more menacing when you knew very little about him or even what he looked like. It was not even clear what power he had. Only that he was perfectly capable of toppling Hyrule and the entire Twili Realm transforming the denizens of both. Later on when the curtain is drawn back and we see a little more about him and actually see little bits of his character he becomes less and less a menace. Before when he stood motionless in a mask the unknown made him more threatening. But when we see not only his less threatening face, but his more wacky and deranged mannerisms he was just not as great a villain anymore. Then being mostly replaced by Ganondorf also did not help matters. Then it was clear that it was not even Zan't own power at work here. And for the remainder of the game he was just the sidekick to the real threat pulling all the strings. He was a servant doing everything Ganondorf wanted until he could make his entrance. With each new event involving Zant he was not only less of a threat, he was less physically and mentally menacing, and even less a main villain.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I think Zant is a prime example of less really being more. During the early parts of the game when he was very scarcely seen and the few times you did encounter him he only appeared and would backhand a lightpirit with little effort or revive an ancient dead dragon then pop off without much of a care he really gave off this vibe of incredibly dangerous and very powerful eldritch entity that is a genuine threat. He displayed some amazing feats of power after already takong over most of Hyrule and sending shadow demons after you, after cursing both Link and Midna and transforming all the inhabitants of Hyrule into spirits. It really caused you to wonder if Link really could take this guy, would you actually have to fight him later on in the game? Because against someone like that a few more hearts and some items might not cut it.

He seemed so much more menacing when you knew very little about him or even what he looked like. It was not even clear what power he had. Only that he was perfectly capable of toppling Hyrule and the entire Twili Realm transforming the denizens of both. Later on when the curtain is drawn back and we see a little more about him and actually see little bits of his character he becomes less and less a menace. Before when he stood motionless in a mask the unknown made him more threatening. But when we see not only his less threatening face, but his more wacky and deranged mannerisms he was just not as great a villain anymore. Then being mostly replaced by Ganondorf also did not help matters. Then it was clear that it was not even Zan't own power at work here. And for the remainder of the game he was just the sidekick to the real threat pulling all the strings. He was a servant doing everything Ganondorf wanted until he could make his entrance. With each new event involving Zant he was not only less of a threat, he was less physically and mentally menacing, and even less a main villain.

I think this stuff is why Zant appearing more and having Ganondorf's character fleshed out a bit during the second half of the game would have made the villain duo believable.

I really liked Zant in TP. I thought he had a good motive and had this thing about him when he would come into a room. I thought the battle with him was awesome too. He really shows a weird side of himself. Go Zant! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom