• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think There Should Be a Zelda Fighter?

Do you want a Zelda fighter?

• YAR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah brah.......

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'd have to say no. It works to put the characters in Smash Bros, but to put out a fighter with just characters from the Zelda universe? It doesn't fit.

In my opinion there shouldn't be any spin off's of a Zelda game like that.
Besides Link and Zelda are already featured in Super Smash Bros.
And Link was a guest in Soul Calibur II on the GameCube.

Link may appear as a fighter in an already established fighting franchise such as Smash Bros. or Soul Caliber, however, a fighting franchise solely based off of Zelda characters is not only unnecessary but nearly impossible to pull off. If you really want a Soul Caliber like fighter for Zelda, your prospects are slim for these are few prominent sword wielders throughout franchise history.

Indeed. plus now Link (and Samus Aran) are going to be making an appearance in Dynasty Warriors (not technically a fighting game -maybe a beat em up- but somewhat similar and worth mention).
I loved Link's entrance into Soul Caliber 2. It was a lot of fun! And very lolz-worthy seeing the voice actor talk to himself when you battled Sigfried vs Link (Nobuyuki Hiyama) I had so much fun with that back then. Would love to see Link in another Soul Caliber, sure.
Also love Smash Bros - if anything you should try to make Smash bros into a more 'real' fighter style game if that's what you desire. It is very much not on par with classic fighting game.

I voted yes, but they would need to include enough variety of fighters. However, I'm fine with only Smash Bros and Soul Caliber 2 if it never happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom