• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think the SHeikiah Are Puppet Masters...creepy to Think About, Right?

What do you think of the Sheikiah from what I made out?

• Yes, I think that the Sheikiah are acting as "puppert masters", controling Hyrule in secrecy.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I do not think the Sheikiah are "puppet masters".

• I think the Sheikiah have a neutral standpoint about Hyrule.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrLuigi

Theorist
Their symbol-everywhere.
The Forsaken Fortress,
Zant's Throne,
Gossip Stones....

You think the Sheikiah control Hyrule? I mean, somehow al l the places it appears has almost nothing to do with "Royal Guards" or "dying out".

I mean, we know they're not THAT evil or evil at all. The only Sheikiahs that appear in the games are Impaz, Impa, Sheik (counted as), and Bongo Bongo (speculated).

Do you also think they control the outcome of things, such as they make whatever works work?

Djinn

and Tonic
No I do not think the Sheikah are behind the scenes in Hyrule. Mostly because they are essentially extinct. There are not enough of them to have much of an agenda beyond keeping themselves alive. However they do seem to have a position of high importance to the Hylian royalty. From Impa being a bodyguard of Zelda to Impaz being the keeper of the ancient sky book until the new messenger to the sky appears. She even says the villagers of the hidden village were a proud people that served the royal family.
This village was once the secret home of a proud tribe who served the royal family... But it fell into decline, and became infested with dangerous beasts. It's become an awful place..." — Impaz
The sheikah eye appearing in so many locations leads me to believe that, while they were not controlling Hyrule, they definitely had a part in the construction of many different secret areas. And were involved in a lot of the happenings all across Hyrule. But they were personally serving the royal family of that country. So it could be possible that all official projects were either led by or at least had a sheikah or two associated with.

The real confusion comes from so many different characters wearing the eye. Agahnim, Veran, and even Vaati in his monster form all wear the eye. But Agahnim's wearing of the eye might also be a part of his attempt to gain the king's trust. Since it would be familiar to the royal family as the tribe that serves them historically. And the same symbol is found in Hyrule palace at the time. As well as Zelda's cloak in TP.

Now what I have noticed is how the eye appears on individuals that are known to be skilled in magic. So the eye might have more of a magic symbolism than a tribe or alignment one. The Sheikah were known for their magical abilities and creation of many magical artifacts. Each of which has an eye inscribed on it. The Dark wizard Agahnim, the Sorceress of Shadows Veran, the Wind Mage Vaati, Madam Fanadi the fortune teller, and Princess Zelda, each is a magic user that wears the eye. And items that have the eye inscribed are normally magical themselves. Including stones found on the ground in Hyrule. So it might be possible that the eye is a type of symbol commonly used to magic use and magic users in Hyrule.

Last edited:

MrLuigi

Theorist
What you said int he fourth paragraph makes a little more sense. And thank you for answering my question.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
I guess it would be funny to include a conspiracy theorist character in an upcoming game, Hyrule's counterpart to those ididots with tinfoil hats who claim that our world is ruled by aliens or atlanteans or Illuminati (who coincidentally are often said to have an eye as part of their logo as well). He could claim that the Sheikah aren't really extinct, and that they have been controlling the royal family for centuries, Grima Wormtongue-style.

But I wouldn't play it straight. There's just not enough evidence in the games to suggest a sinister motivation behind Impa (who is depicted as a kind and gentle woman, not to mention one of the sages), Impaz (who didn't have any contact to the royal family anyway) or Sheik (who isn't even a real Sheikah, but a member of royal family herself). And while Bongo Bongo (if he even is a Shiekah, which is debatable) is evil, he doesn't seem like the stealthy type.

puppet masters

why would you think there is a puppet master? in order to think of a puppet master you would have to find proof of a lack of free will on link's part. Mind you the games are orchestrated in such a way to deny free will in a big sense because link is a player's avatar and therefore the player moves them around but the environment and sequence of events are set in place. if Zelda were to go MMO(Massive Multiplayer online) then there would be "some" freedom allowed but you would have to understand that there is only so much one can do. I also don't think that nintendo would allow such freedom because it would create a never ending game and a non-satisfying experience for players because there would be no climax seeing to the freedom.

MrLuigi

Theorist
why would you think there is a puppet master? in order to think of a puppet master you would have to find proof of a lack of free will on link's part. Mind you the games are orchestrated in such a way to deny free will in a big sense because link is a player's avatar and therefore the player moves them around but the environment and sequence of events are set in place. if Zelda were to go MMO(Massive Multiplayer online) then there would be "some" freedom allowed but you would have to understand that there is only so much one can do. I also don't think that nintendo would allow such freedom because it would create a never ending game and a non-satisfying experience for players because there would be no climax seeing to the freedom.

I'm almost positive I saw Impa controlling Link on my first playthrough of TP.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Could you elaborate on that? Unless Impa is the Hero's Shade, Impa isn't in the game. The only character that influences Link's decisions is Midna.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom