• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Do You Think That Nintendo Should Make Zelda More Like Dark Souls.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Uhhhh... no. Dark Souls is a series that is intentionally sadistic with its difficulty, often resorting to outright cheap and unfair challenges, and is therefore is a series aimed at a VERY niche audience. Zelda, on the other hand, is absolutely nothing like that. It's a fairly challenging, but relatively simple series that focuses on creativity and whimsy to appeal to appeal to a wide variety of audiences. Neither series should ever try to be like the other.

Salem

SICK
Dark Souls is an RPG series, Zelda isn't(with the exception of Zelda 2).

I find more similarities with Super Mario 64 with Demon Souls rather than Zelda, because of the portraits that take you to other world. :xd:

Big Octo

=^)
I wouldn't be completely against the idea, because hey, I like change. Before I knock it (which I'm not), I'd rather see it first. Who knows, maybe it'll be enjoyable.

I dont think that would do well, simply because it would be changing the series and it would make it less zelda in the first place. You shouldn't just change a series of games to make it more like another.

Darks Souls has it's own thing. Zelda is much more storydriven etc.
But if there's one thing Dark Souls did much better it were the boss fights.
The bosses are always 20 times bigger than you and they don't have an obvious way to kill them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom