• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think Ss is the Best Game in the Series

T

triple split

personally i don't think ss is better than oot I THINK SS DOES A GOOD JOB ON MANY aspects BUT TO SAY IT SERPASSED OOT IS A STRECH
    • OTT had more iteams
    • oot had an instrument that was of more use
    • had more dungeons it had and no area of the game that felt like padding
    • the sory was more epic
      it also had more expolreation and hidden secrets
    • ss had less iteams but more uses throgh out the gameexcept for the slingshot
    • the overworld is more dence
    • the characters are more likeable
    • you care for zelda
    • upgrade system was good

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Well I can't say for sure because I've never placed Ocarina of Time. But other than that, I'd say that Skyward Sword is the best. Why? The entire game was epic. There were great items, a good plot, amazing enemey battles, great graphics, and the list goes on and on.

LinkPTY

Skyward Wiimote
Yes, yes I do.

I liked SS story better. It was more emotional and it tied some loose ends, and it didn't feel like other games were Zelda is just the damsel in distress. Technically she is, but she has a more importante role in this game.

The gameplay is the best thing in SS. I've never had so much fun playing a game before. You really feel like you're Link with the nunchuk in your left hand and the Wiimote in the other.

I have to agree on the instrument, though. I was excited the first time I played the harp because I thought every melody was going to be different... but I was wrong. All of them had the same boring left to right movement. I don't think the Harp was the right instrument for this game.

Despite all those minor flaws, I LOVE this game and it is a perfect 10 for me.

I definitely think so. I liked everything about Skyward Sword (except for the tears of light...) and it was very epic. Ocarina of Time still has a special place in ma heart, though.:D

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Although I haven't completed Skyward Sword yet I think it might replace Majora's Mask as my favorite Zelda game. Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time are still really great games today but have a really outdated feel. I like the dense concentration of things to do in the game, which is why I like Majora's Mask more than Ocarina of Time. I find that having to run around a big empty or nearly empty field takes some of the fun out of the game for me. Quality over quantity. That goes for items, collectibles, etc. The enemy AI is the best so far. Rupees don't collect dust in your wallet but you don't have to spend much time grinding for rupees either. I would list more reasons I like this game but I'm sure you get the point: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask haven't lost much luster but it is outdated and a Wii game can easily surpass it.

Not sure if I would say it is the best, but it has a lot of good things going for it. It is certainly at the top of the list.

I feel that Skyward Sword is definitely the best in the series. OoT is a great game but I didn't love it as much as the other Zelda games. Actually, it feels rather dated playing it. I didn't play it when it first came out, so I don't have any nostalgia with that game (I played TP and WW first). TP was my favorite before as it blew me away at how much Zelda had evolved. Now SS is my favorite.

Skyward Sword's dungeons were much more fun and better designed (OoT's felt rather cut and dry at times).

SS also has a great cast of characters. Groose was a nice surprise. At first, I thought he was just a superficial character who bullies Link. I never knew he would become much more than that, and so likeable too. I also felt SS's story was the best. They did a great job with the storytelling. One of the reasons I couldn't get into OoT as much was its storytelling and characters - the setup was great, but the storytelling was so simple and on the surface, that I couldn't feel much attachment to the characters (WW had better storytelling). Skyward Sword really went further with the storytelling out of all the Zelda games. The characters were so alive, and I was surprised at the emotions I felt in the game. Plus, Zelda played a huge role in this game, and it now makes sense why this game is called "The Legend of Zelda" - a much better reason than the story used in AOL. Out of all the Zelda games, I cared about SS's Zelda the most. And the final boss battle - most epic fight ever.

I had the most fun with Skyward Sword, and it's actually going to be the first 3D Zelda game that I will be replaying immediately. I don't usually replay games when I beat them, even when I like them a lot. But SS was so damn fun that I actually can't wait to replay it.

The only thing I felt SS was weak in was the instrument. Here, I would give it to OoT for having the best use of a musical instrument. I loved SS's soundtrack, but I wished they had done more with the harp, like let me pluck individual strings first to know the basic notes before just strumming.

Overall, SS is legendary. By far the best game with the best storytelling and gameplay in the series. SS took the best parts of each Zelda game in the last 25 years and put them all in one game. It definitely made the biggest emotional impact on me too.

Last edited:

Warbad

Gotta love me!
At first my choice was Twilight Princess, but when I played SS for short period of time. I was totally amazed with the amazing gameplay and graphics. I definiately agree with everyone that Skyward Sword is the best Zelda game in the series YET.........

No, I would place Skyward Sword somewhere in the middle of the list of all Zelda games, which is not to say it's a bad game, but it's up against tough competition with the rest of the series.

MW7

There are 3 games that IMO you can label the best in the series: Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past, and Ocarina of Time. Skyward Sword is comparable but those three are the triforce of the series.

I like Majora's Mask the most of any game ever, but it is far from being the prototypical Zelda.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
When first getting Skyward Sword I loved it so much that I could never put it down. I played and played and told everyone how much I liked it. When I was at the end of the game (Which was an amazing ending) I put it up to my favorite Zelda game. However now that I have played it three times I find that other than the amazing main quest there is very little to do. Majora's Mask was my previous favorite and I remembered it had lots to do. So I made a chattel figure out what was better.

Skyward Sword
- Amazing Story
- Great Artstyle
- Great Music
- Fun Dungeons
- Good areas but would be better if there was a little more breathing room for exploration
- Side quests were good
- Only a few side quests and mostly focused on the main quest
- The Sky was Barren
- The ground had little to do other than the main quest
- Goddess Cubes were a boring collectible

Majora's Mask
- Great Story
- Good art style for it's time
- Tons of room for exploration
- Transformation to Deku, Goron, and Zora added great fun to puzzles, side quests, and gameplay.
- Every person had there own personalty that made the game feel very realistic.
- The Moon and Skull Kid made the game creepy and sad (In a good way)
- Tons of Side Quests
- Side Quests were plentiful and worked well with the three day cycle
- The Three Day Cycle I my opinion added challenge and worked well with the story, gameplay, and side quests

So when comparing the two and looking deep into both I have to say Majora's Mask takes the cake. I love Ocarina of Time too, so much to do and all the dungeons and side quests were great. But I found it is put as my third favorite because it did not have as good areas, Dungeons, and side quests as Majora's Mask and Skyward Sword.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
No, I don't think SS is the best in the series. The game in this day and age had some bad texturing which threw me off. I felt the dungeons weren't satisfying. Bosses were overly simple. I just didn't have the time that I did with OoT and MM, which have that spot of "best game in the series" in my opinion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom