• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think Ganondorf Knows That Link's Best Tennis Weapon Isn't the Master Sword?

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Just something I was wondering, what with the three games where it is possible to whack a magic aura back at Ganon with an empty bottle, do you think he knows that the best weapon to use in these Tennis matches isn't the Master Sword?

I can imagine the encounter going like this...

Ganondorf knocked the Master Sword out of Link's hand, where it flew far away from the battle. Just as Link was about to roll at it, Ganon planted himself between Link and the blade.
"Hah! Weak boy! The fight is won, for you cannot retrieve your insignificant blade of legend!"
Ganon raised a hand, charging an aura of energy. However, Link smirked and searched his pack for the weapon to save him.
Ganon hurled the ball of energy at Link, who whipped out one of his empty bottles. Ganondorf roared with laughter as the ball of energy made its way toward Link.
"Hah! The mighty weapon to save you is an empty-"
Link smacked the energy right back at Ganondorf, whose grin faltered as the ball of energy was now too close to dodge.
"I hate you so much Nintendo." he said as the energy collided with him.

And on that note, Ganon really needs to stop underestimating the power of pathetic side weapons. The Bug-Catching Net in ALttP did the same thing, and the Fishing Rod in Twilight Princess distracted him long enough to get under his guard and attack.

But it's still entertaining to see the look on Ganondorf's face whenever that happens. Just like with the Fishing Rod.
I have always considered the fishing rod cheating... but it actualy makes to fight harder.... easy fight is easy :triforce:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I actually think utilizing side-weapons is a good tactic to help the game deviate from stagnance. Many people would have supposed in Ocarina of Time that the fight held on Ganon's Tower would have only been played out with the Master Sword. I, conversely, find it better to employ other items in bringing down the main boss, just as I did shooting arrows or the Hookshot at OoT's Ganon Beast after losing the MS. So side-weapons can either be very bad (as with the Fishing Rod if you don't like shortcuts) or very good.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well, look at it like this. In a real life situation, I doubt a tennis match would be how Ganondorf fought Link. I mean, look at the concept art of Link fighting Ganondorf. Ganondorf is about to punch Link. It surely would have been a hand-to-hand combat situation. The "Dead Man's Volley" match(es) are just for unique boss fights. Just a gameplay element.
I would have imagined Ganon trying to use magic against link but if it was deflected back and it hit him I would think he would switch tactics or throw multiple balls of magic... or he could just charge forward and try to beat link with his bare hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom