• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Take Interest In Politics?

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I am the co-founder of the Screw them All! Party. We don't really have a platform - we just know we dislike all of the candidates. Not just the presidential ones, either, EVERYONE. If we've learned nothing else from Ganondorf, it is this - power corrupts.

Most of the beef my household has with the whole process is how rich you have to be to realistically participate. I've heard that to get on the ballot (officially listed) one has to pay a whopper of a fee - even for some local offices, not to mention all of the advertising and traveling and other insanity major candidates have to fund. In the end, you have a bunch of rich people deciding everything for a bunch of poor people. Screwing is inevitable.

But, yes, I vote. I always tend to "vote for the lesser evil" - whatever is "less evil" in my mind at the time. I think it is important because too many people have suffered to give me the right. I am a woman. There was a time when I had no voice at all. At least I have the illusion of a voice.

I'm actually a Political Science major, and I love political discussions! I think that people who are afraid of politics have been misled on what they actually are, and how to effectively talk about them. It's about more than just arguing and getting angry and using insults! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom