• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you still actively play on the Switch?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I realize when talking to my friends that only one of them uses their Switch at all. Everyone else either games on PC or don't really game much at all. I myself however still play on the Switch fairly regularly, like nearly everyday. So I'm wondering how it's been for you guys lately now that the Switch is 6+ years old. Do you still play yours regularly or has your focus shifted to a different platform?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
The current answer is that my Switch is dead. It suffered water damage two years ago when a pipe burst above me and collapsed part of my ceiling. It limped on for almost two years with issues physically connecting the right joycon, but eventually quit on me in late 2023.

Before that? Not really. I'd shifted almost entirely to emulation and then piracy of Switch games. That was partly because of performance reasons, since I can run Switch games at twice the resolution and frame rates when playing them on PC, but also a moral issue. I don't feel comfortable supporting Nintendo financially now.

Guinea

Much More Than A Soup™
I've been playing old school PS1 games and Steam games on my laptop the past two weeks but I still have a backlog of bangers on my Switch I gotta play soon.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
i still play on switch i dont have a gaming PC and i still doing powerwashing sim....

I still play it on and off, going back and forth between it and my PS4. Not too long I beat Persona 4 Golden, and before that I was digging into Dynasty Warriors 8. I don't see myself stopping or slowing down any time soon. Backlog's always gonna be there.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Site Staff
I still use my Switch quite often because I love the Pro Controller.

I'd say last year, between playing Tears of the Kingdom and Nier: Automata on Switch, it was probably one of my most active years playing on the console besides when I first got it and was playing Breath of the Wild.

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I want to say yes, but honestly I've only been playing my steam deck lately, since all the games I want to play currently happen to not be on switch. On switch, all I need to worry about right now is TotK, and has only been TotK since the start of this year, pretty much. Meanwhile, on steam deck, I've been playing Dragon's Dogma 2 and Granblue Relink and Granblue Versus Rising, the first two being games that demand hundreds of hours each. I haven't had time for my switch lately is all. If these games were on the switch, I would be using that instead.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I mostly play Xbox and have been recently trying to play more Playstation. But I almost always have something going on the side on Switch due to its easy pick up and play nature.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yes I have been playing it even more frequently recently to be honest. There is still much for me to playthrough on it so it'll probably have a substantial amount of use from me in the future.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I play a lot of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Mario Party: Superstars online still. In addition, I've been very slowly working my way through Super Mario Wonder and Advance Wars: Re-Boot Camp, while also recently getting into Hyrule Warriors again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom