• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Prefer Walmart or Target?

Do You Prefer Walmart or Target.
What store do you like better? Walmart and Target aren't all that different (setting aside how people view them) but what do you think has the best service or the best products in general?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
We don't have Wal-Mart or Target over here in my country but I have visited both multiple times when I went to the US and Canada. I prefer Target to be honest. Wal-Mart looks so extremely messy. At least the ones I visited did.

We don't have Wal-Mart or Target over here in my country but I have visited both multiple times when I went to the US and Canada. I prefer Target to be honest. Wal-Mart looks so extremely messy. At least the ones I visited did.
I agree, target does seem cleaner.

I'm not sure I like either after the recent Target security breach; however, few stores are as problematic as Walmart.

Walmart constantly advertises its bargains, but there's always a catch. The stock at Walmart is often poor quality. Plus, the store chain is constantly a victim of theft. I try to avoid such places for my safety.

I prefer shopping at places with a friendly atmosphere and good customer service even if I have to pay a bit more.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I dislike Walmart for a variety of reasons. Firstly, they usually stock inferior-quality off-brand merchandise which costs nearly nothing to make. They pay their employees starvation wages, and that's just in the US where there's a legal minimum wage, and don't get me started on the conditions in factories... [/rant]. Plus their stores are dirty, disorganized, and painfully lacking in the security department.

Target stores tend to be cleaner and more organized, plus the merchandise is usually of a much higher quality. I don't know about their wage issues, but they're nowhere near as bad as Walmart. However, with the recent hacking into their databases and the loss of customers' financial data, I definitely have no intention of buying online from them anytime soon (thank you, Amazon).

Sheik

:the:
I like Target more because when I was in kindergarten, I would sit on the big red balls out in front of the store (I don't know if that was just my store or...) and say I was the "King of Mars".

Yeah, no other reason :I

Target definitely because it's much cleaner along with having alot of different stuff. I used to like Wal-Mart, but it's nowhere near as nice as Target, and after some of the issues Wal-Mart has over the years, I do my shopping somewhere else.

Fig

The Altruist
Actually in my entire life I have only stepped foot inside a Wal-Mart store just a few times. I don't know why but either way I dislike Wal-Mart and I never bought anything inside in all my trips. I don't know why some people like Wal-Mart. Maybe it is because it is convenient for them but I'm not judging them I'm judging the store. It's a mess the moment you enter. People are trying to get everything they want at such an instant and its item place is just chaotic and inconvenient, i.e. if you are looking at the clothing department for some nice clothes you might need to walk across the other half of the store to find something that you thought would be where you were.

Target on the other hand, is like a wonderland for me next to Best Buy. Everything is so clean, the employees are just filled with joy and happiness even if they are trying to hid it. I remember this one time an employee was tired since he had to take shifts for his other comrades for around 3-4 days straight, not sleeping a wink. D: I knew he was tired so I asked him if he was ok and genuinely told me that he was but he didn't want any customer to see him working so hard. I simply told him that he should get some rest afterwards, just plop into his bed and rest because he was giving me excellent service throughout my life in Target (I guess you can say we have been acquaintances for a long time). He thanked me for my suggestion and gladly continued his day. What I'm trying to say is that Target employees are so nice and always want to provide us customers (well at least here) an excellent time in their store! I always come back every month when I need to buy things for my mother (because I don't her to strain her back. Although I don't have a car or "officially know how to drive" so I walk all the way to Target which takes about 5 minutes.) I love Target and I always feel like I'm at home whenever I arrive. :3

Sydney

The Good Samaritan

I've gotta say that this is very accurate, at least for where I live at anyways. Our Target here is fairly clean, and it has a nice atmosphere to it, whereas Wal-Mart seems like a complete mess. Even more so, I feel that Target is much more well organized than Wal-Mart. Although I've gotta agree with A Link In Time that the recent security breach has left me skeptical about Target, it clearly has the upper hand if we're comparing it something as dingy as Wal-Mart. No offense to anyone that shops there, but it's just not my cup of tea.

I’m gonna pop some tags; only got $20 in my pocket. I'm hunting, looking for a come up. This is freaking awesome. In other words: neither, for I prefer the thrift shop...

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Target. I remember being, like, ten years old and begging my family for a new game. Pikmin 2 was that game. Life changing :I

I know people who work at both target and wal mart, and the ones that work at target tend to be happier than the wal mart employees, so that's something I guess. For some reason, target has always stuck in my mind more, most likely cuz I visited that store more than Walmart (that and kmart, but that store is slowly dying anyway). I remember when the store nearest to me remodeled and completely changed where everything was. Totally freaked me out for some reason.

Anyways, yeah, plus one for Target.

Clank

Hmm
I can only judge off the local set of stores, but our Target has a lot of, for lack of a better term, cold people, it reminds me of a pharmacy, I mean they are polite, the store just isn't welcoming...

Walmart on the other hand, they have door greeters, a ton of friendly staff, messes that are made are generally cleaned up within minutes, and it just has a welcoming atmosphere.
I agree that their tech department isn't the best, but seriously, just go to amazon for tech...

So yeah, I much prefer Wal-Mart and quite frankly don't see why people wouldn't.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
There isn't a Target in the city I'm closest to, but I have been to a few in larger cities. I would have to say I prefer Walmart, simply because I go there frequently and they do have good deals. Plus, there's a McDonalds built right in for a mid-shopping snack. :yes:

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Target its the more welcoming of the two. It dose not have a were house feel to it like walmart dose with the high ceilings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom