• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you prefer Classic Zelda or Experimental Zelda?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
To be honest I love the both of them. Classic because of nostalgia and just because I enjoyed the games, but also experimental because it gives you so much freedom. You can go anywhere you want, do whatever you like or just walk around without any specific purpose other than just exploring. To me it's the quality of the game itself rather than it being classic or experimental ;)

Quin

Disaster Master
That list doesn't make much sense. Most if not every zelda game has something experimental. Its why the series is popular and diverse with each installment.
OOT being the first 3D zelda was a giant experiment, The oracles with the linking, zelda 1 for being zelda 1, Wind waker with the sailing and art style, ALBW with the wall sticking mechanic and open dungeon design. There really isn't a divide here between the two.
The game that probably experimented the least would probably be TP, and even that had the wolf form and a totally different style compared to other Zelda games.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
With Classic Zelda, you always know what you are going to play, and it’s always going to be good. Experimental Zelda is all over the place, having the best and worst games.
Ultimately, I like both. I think that one can’t exist without the other. If every game was classic, it would get boring quickly. If they were all very experimental, we would lose our definition for true Zelda. I’ll play and enjoy either one.

S

Seadragon

Definitely classic for me, based on these games. I do like the idea of experimenting though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom