• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Do you like the Name they Gave "Zelda U"?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Now, I know nobody's called Breath of the Wild "Zelda U" for a long time, but I decided to use "Zelda U" as a name in this because we're going to debate whether Breath of The Wild was a "fitting name" for Nintendo's newest Zelda game.

So, what are your thoughts?

Last edited:

MW7

I really liked it. The game really switched up the direction that the series has been going so it felt like a "breath of fresh air." The fresh air in this game is the wild overworld. The title of games is usually tied to its gimmick as Spirit said, and in a broad sense, the hook of this game is the open world style. Breath of the Wild captures that well as a title.

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
It's a bit pretentious, but I don't mind. Truly good names are hard to come by; most things come across as cheesy or pretentious. At least they tried, unlike how they did with Smash 4 and New Super Mario Bros.

It would have been nice if it had something to do with the story, though. There's probably no use of the word "Breath" or "Wild" in any of the character dialogue.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
I love the name. As stated above it is a play on "a breath of fresh air" and that is what it was for the series.
The name perfectly describes what you will be doing in this game, exploring an untamed wilderness. People complain that the game doesn't have enough Towns and other things to make Hyrule feel like a real Kingdom. But that's just it, the game doesn't take place when Hyrule is functioning like a country as it has fallen into ruin. The title doesn't lie to you about what you will see and do in the game. Breath of the Wild may not be everyone's cup of tea but the title does no false advertising.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
People complain that the game doesn't have enough Towns and other things to make Hyrule feel like a real Kingdom. But that's just it, the game doesn't take place when Hyrule is functioning like a country as it has fallen into ruin.

Well since you brought it up...why is this a good thing? It's a story excuse, and Skyward Sword had that too, but it's not very entertaining, kind of defeats the point of making the game an open world, and seems little more than an excuse to be lazy.

In fact, the story as a whole seems to exist solely to give the developers a reason to not make the world interesting or exciting to explore.

Well since you brought it up...why is this a good thing? It's a story excuse, and Skyward Sword had that too, but it's not very entertaining, kind of defeats the point of making the game an open world, and seems little more than an excuse to be lazy.

In fact, the story as a whole seems to exist solely to give the developers a reason to not make the world interesting or exciting to explore.
The problem with this, excluding the direction of the game's theme, is both the limitations of the Switch, and WiiU.

Had this game been made on better hardware you might've seen a much more "filled in" world.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
The problem with this, excluding the direction of the game's theme, is both the limitations of the Switch, and WiiU.

Had this game been made on better hardware you might've seen a much more "filled in" world.

Yet they managed to reasonably fill in the worlds of 2D games...why not just make the world smaller? Or at least not ridiculously oversized...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom