• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Do You Like the Fact That Zelda Releases Aren't Annual?

Fig

The Altruist
Just to let you know, the handheld titles are also main titles because they are part of the Zelda canon. Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, A Link Between Worlds, and all the rest of the Zelda handheld titles are considered to be main titles in the franchise. Perhaps, stating that you want to discuss about the consoles titles would have been a better approach to start off. Sure the handheld games may notbe as large or open as the console titles, but the fact still stands that they are still contribute to the Zelda canon. The only non-main Zelda games are the CD-I Zelda games as they were created by Phillips and not Nintendo.

When it comes to annual releases, certain franchises such as Call of Duty benefit from annual releases because there really isn't much to progress except to update the models of the characters, weapons,map locations, graphics, everything that makes it Call of Duty. The same can be said about Madden and FIFA games simply updating the character models and keeping the gameplay the same throughout the games. While I would like to always have a Zelda game every single year, I am content with the wait of 2-5 years for the next title in the Zelda franchise to be released. Zelda is more complex and while there might be some aspects that a few games might have some similarities, each game plays different and players have to adapt to each one. Each title in the franchise was made to be different from the previous installment and that's what I love about Zelda. Zelda also varies between every game, changing the plot, adding a gimmick mechanic, etc. NO matter what Zelda title you might dislike, hate, or love, you must give the developers the credit that they deserve for putting a lot of effort into the franchise to try and appeal it the fans that enjoy the franchise as a whole.

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
The handheld titles are main titles too...
Fig said:
Just to let you know, the handheld titles are also main titles because they are part of the Zelda canon.
Yeah guys I'm not discrediting the handheld titles, but merely separating them for the purpose of the thread as why I referred to them as "main console" releases with the main merely referring to "home". Basically the propose was to simply focus on home console releases and home console releases only as they are considered the typically bigger titles. Just clearing up some confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom