• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Like Fighting Games?

Do you like fighting games?

• Love 'em! I am a fighting game GOD.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I don't like them at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I play occasionally.

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • I only like them in specific circumstances.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I only play Smash.

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
I’m not hardcore, but I dig them. I was pretty damned good at Street Fighter 2 back in the day.

I’ve never gotten properly into fighting games. I’ve tried out a bunch of different Street Fighter versions and collections on the PS1 and PS2 and they are super fun. It’s just that unless you have people to play against the Training and Arcade Mode will only take you so far. Of course modern fighting games have online mode but I’m a bit hesitant, I feel like I would only get frustrated playing random ppl online.

Yep, they're great. I tend to go back and forth on how often I play them, though. I'm currently not playing them, but Evo got me pretty excited about them, so I'll probably end up playing them pretty regularly for the next month or two.

I used to play them back in the SNES days but there is just way to much competition online to where it's just not fun for me at all. I do love watching people play them but I no longer have any interest in playing them these days.

For me it's a resounding no, I've never been good at them, never liked multiplayer games, and I just don't see the point of a game where you beat the other person senselessly. At least with a game like Ratchet: Deadlocked, which one could also suffers the same issue, Ratchet: Deadlocked has you ultimately fighting for your survival as your trying to escape your gladiator prison. A game like Smash Bros is not really that fun for me. Since I started with Melee, there wasn't really any story. Which made me just drop it. For me a game has to have a balance of good story and good gameplay.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
You're thinking of action games. Fighting games are distinctly 1v1 arena fights as the entire basis of the game. (Or more if it's smash.)
Ah, Like street fighter? My sister used to play that all the time.
Thanks Az :D I thought because of the fighting it's a fighting game but it's action :D

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I love the idea of fighting games. Seeing skilled fighting game players in action is like seeing people gaming on a level that I just can't attain.

And that's why there are story modes so people like me can beat up CPUs. \o/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom