• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Like Durability on Shields?

L

linkman411

It took some getting used to at first but one you get used to hahaha im on second play through of skyward sword :)

B

bluestormz

This has become a great thread, my 3DS limited arrived today. I hate the Deku shield!

K

KornGP47

My shields never even broke at all, to be honest. I only had to get it repaired and that was it. Then yesterday I (FINALLY) got Hylian Shield and I'm still excited about it. ^_^ The most indestructible shield throughout the game.

Anyway, back on topic. I think it is good that they added a shield and stamina metre. Because it feels more real and having an 'indestructible' shield was awesome at first, but it feels like 'meh' right now with having an indestructible shield from previous games, except for Hylian Shield in Skyward Sword. Which is awesome. ^_^ Having a stamina metre is like having the Bunny Hood all over again, which still amazes me. <3

F

Forever Impa

NERD alert: I liked the addition of the stamina bar for realism, but adored the addition of shield durability. In my mind, repairing equipment is second nature from playing WoW. Yeah, I play WoW. Moving on.... For me it made perfect sense to have different shields and have to repair them. If only I remembered sooner which shield was bad against which types of attacks... Iron type shield in the desert = bad idea. :dry:

Demise

Army Strong
I made it through the game basically without ever having to use shields, I was the same way in OoT, I got the Biggorons sword before the water temple and used that through the whole game.

jugglaj91

I am me....
NERD alert: I liked the addition of the stamina bar for realism, but adored the addition of shield durability. In my mind, repairing equipment is second nature from playing WoW. Yeah, I play WoW. Moving on.... For me it made perfect sense to have different shields and have to repair them. If only I remembered sooner which shield was bad against which types of attacks... Iron type shield in the desert = bad idea. :dry:

I play WoW too, and like you, may be why I take a little more care in my gear lmao

B

bluestormz

I have to say that everyone is starting to throw some wow or MMO stuff into RPGs, they just need to make a zelda RPG with link as a guide or NPC in skyloft. It'd be great, but the shield issue is odd, I'm playing Ocarina on my 3DS (just got it) and it's my first time. I have yet to get the Hylian shield. I'm playing two zeldas at once , of course with some guide help as a newbie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom