• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Have Any OCD Tendencies?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
OCD, or obsessive habits, seem to be common among a lot of people. I'm not going to go in the technicalities of the disorder but it's basically based around habits, repetitive actions, obsessions, rituals that all revolve around symptoms of anxiety.

A lot of people I know have quite a few ocd habits and I myself have a few noticeable ones, in fact I'd say I have many. Some include checking that the doors are locked, cooker off, tap off etc. A lot of those come from my protective instincts. I also have obsession with things being in order and general tidiness: things have to be in a certain order, a certain position, even colour coding in some cases :/

I do have some others as well, but that's enough about me. How about you guys?

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I have to eat everything in twos. Not big things, like I don't eat two cheeseburgers at every meal, but smaller things, like M&Ms or Skittles or Oreos. If I have an odd number of M&Ms in a bag I give the last one away or if there's nobody around I just throw it away. The bigger things I have to eat in an even amount of bites.

I have to step an even number of times on the curb, in the street, on a lawn, etc. and I can't step on a crack otherwise I have to step on one with the opposite foot in the same exact spot the other foot was touched on.

When using a public restroom, I touch everything twice (but only if I have to, restrooms are gross).

This is just the beginning...

There are 3 types of OCD : checking, counting, and washing, in reverse commonness iirc. I'm definitely the counting type lol.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I used to be FASCINATED with even numbers. Everything I did had to be a multiple of two.

Also when something is just barely off I would always try and fine tune it, and it still pains me to see someone trying to adjust something and continually failing.

Salem

SICK
If I walk and my hand touched something by accident, I go back and touch it with my other hand.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I don't actually have many OCD tendencies (I think my ADD sort of counters that, maybe), but there are little things. Probably the biggest example is that I have to have 2 pieces of something in my mouth; ex, if I have 1 skittle, I bite it in half so each side of my mouth gets an equal share. It annoys the crap out of me, but it's beyond my control. That's the only example I can think of at the moment.

Clank

Hmm
Beyond tweaking stock in a store when I am bored(all the labels need to face the same way) and getting annoyed when people make a mess out of something I just cleaned, not really...

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Just minor tendencies with a couple of little things. Nothing that I absolutely have to do, I just instinctively want to do it a certain way, like not stepping on lines on the pavement, crosswalks, etc. But if I can force myself to step on them without it being a problem, I just prefer not to. And I do have that urge to check if I locked the door or flushed the toilet - but I mostly force myself to keep going, because I know that those things are things I instinctively do anyway and checking them are actually futile.

Dan

OCD, or obsessive habits, seem to be common among a lot of people. I'm not going to go in the technicalities of the disorder but it's basically based around habits, repetitive actions, obsessions, rituals that all revolve around symptoms of anxiety.

A lot of people I know have quite a few ocd habits and I myself have a few noticeable ones, in fact I'd say I have many. Some include checking that the doors are locked, cooker off, tap off etc. A lot of those come from my protective instincts. I also have obsession with things being in order and general tidiness: things have to be in a certain order, a certain position, even colour coding in some cases :/

I do have some others as well, but that's enough about me. How about you guys?

So you're gay. :right:

Anyway shooting down to this line of excellence I'd say I don't, oh I have been diagnosed with ultra Polarbear obsession disorder, but that's about it.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I don't have any ocd tendencies as far as I know. I've always been a bit too carefree to have anything like that.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Obvious grammar errors in stories, poor writing, that crap. They drive me insane.

It leads me to say that people should really learn how to write before writing. (coughcrappyfanficscough)

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
The point is that you have to try, and most likely fail to become proficient at anything. You'll have to excuse others for being lesser writers than you.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I will get angry or be in rage if I know an item is misplaced. I don't like seeing anyone putting an item that I like in a place that doesn't feel right to me, so I always take that item back and place the item where I like myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom