• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you have a yearly book tradition like re-reading certain books around Christmas or Halloween?

Do you have a yearly book tradition like re-reading certain books around Christmas or Halloween?

I do.

During Halloween month (October) I love re-reading those three novels:

"Buffy the vampire slayer: Halloween rain", by Christopher Golden and Nancy Holder:

halloween-rain-9781534426733_hr.jpg

Synopsis:

"CHAOS REIGNS

As long as there have been vampires, there has been the Slayer. One girl in all the world, to find them where they gather and to stop the spread of their evil and the swell of their numbers.

Around Sunnydale, they say a scarecrow saturated with Halloween rain will come alive and slaughter anyone in sight. (Lovely place, Sunnydale.) Buffy's best friends, Xander and Willow, used to think the tale was nonsense — but after a few adventures with Buffy, they're not so sure.

Even without a maniacal scarecrow, a Sunnydale Halloween is a truly horrific happening. There are enough zombies and vampires about, ready to party hearty and eat some brains, to keep the Slayer and her friends up all night.

And then rain starts to fall…"

------------------------------------------------

"Buffy the vampire slayer: Child of the hunt", by Christopher Golden and Nancy Holder:

51PYqQMYCuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Synopsis:

"EVIL THINGS COME IN SMALL PACKAGES

Jousting contests, human chess matches, lords and ladies and beggars... a traveling Renaissance fair has come to Sunnydale. The fair may seem terminally uncool, but Buffy and her friends are charmed anyway. Especially by a sad-eyed boy named Roland, who serves as the court jester.

Unfortunately, the people from the fair are not the only visitors in Sunnydale. Roaming the countryside are nasty little creatures with a taste for flesh: the dark faerie. They are minions of the Wild Hunt, servants of the evil Erl King.

Buffy's challenge is to annihilate the king and his murderous horde. But the path to his destruction leads straight to Roland, who is not quite human... and destined to become the Slayer's mortal adversary."

-------------------------------------------------

"Buffy the vampire slayer: Chaos bleeds", by James A. Moore (based on an earlier version of the script for the Xbox video game):

51S5kTKmduL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Synopsis:

"REUNION

Buffy Summers makes enemies. Powerful ones. She can't avoid it — it goes with the job of being the Slayer, the one girl in all the world with the strength to destroy vampires and demons. Those who fall foul of her and live to tell the tale tend to harbour resentment and thoughts of revenge. One such is Ethan Rayne; devious, treacherous and suave. Ethan has a history with Giles, too. Their dabbling in the occult in their wilder student days led Giles to accept his destiny as a Watcher and set Ethan firmly on the path to darkness. Now Ethan returns to Sunnydale — surprisingly, asking for Buffy's help. He seems to have roused The First, the ancient evil that predates humankind. But then The First offers Ethan a deal which will gain him ultimate power. All Ethan has to do in exchange is to lure Buffy into battle…"

--------------------------------------------------

More on "Halloween rain" by Christopher Golden:

halloween_rain_by_christopher__1682429380_2198254c_progressive.jpg

halloween_rain_by_christopher__1682429380_4fc46a29_progressive.jpg

halloween_rain_by_christopher__1682429380_d8908b99_progressive.jpg

halloween_rain_by_christopher__1682429380_9b1fd7cb_progressive.jpg

Check out those two great and insanely popular games too:

The making of for the second game:

During Christmas month (December), I love reading this book:

"Garfield: Home for the holidays", by Jim Davis, Cedric Michiels, Ellipsanime Staff, Dargaud Media and Mark Evanier:

71NHsgYbTRL.jpg

71t6M4dOslL.jpg

https://www.cbr.com/christmas-is-so-wonderful-that-it-even-makes-garfield-sentimental/

What about you? Do you have a yearly book tradition like re-reading certain books around Christmas or Halloween? If yes, which books do you re-read?

Kat.

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Oh, you bet I do. Not really for Christmas, but I have a lot of Halloween traditions. I...

• rewatch Over the Garden Wall
  • rewatch the Scary Godmother movies
  • watch as much of Freeform's 31 Nights of Halloween as possible (if they have good stuff on)
  • cook or bake with a real pumpkin
  • participate in Zd's seasonal competitions :)
  • dress up in full costume and hand out candy to kids on Halloween night with a spooky voice, spooky ambient music, decorations, a whole routine, etc
I live for October. I live for the month-long celebration of Halloween.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom