• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you have a gaming family?

My family

• Doesn't like me playing games

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Doesn't really mind

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Are ya winning son? (Backseat)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plays games with me

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Some parents/family don't like their children gaming and some don't mind really. But some are lucky enough to have a family who plays games with them. So which one of them are you?

Also what is/are your family console(s)?

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
mum thinks im too old but i used to play with my bro.. and we have a tradition of mario kart on christmas...

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I've probably said this like a million times before but me and my dad are both huge gamers. We're each always playing new games, and when we aren't we're usually talking about video games (or other random Nerd stuff). It was him who got me into video games, after all. My sister and mom both play as well, but more casually. They'll usually just do things like Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon. My mom mostly plays mobile games now but she would crush me in Mario Kart when I was younger.
For the most part we all own Nintendo consoles. We had a PS3 once but everything else is Nintendo.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
My mom and one of my sisters are casual gamers. They’ll play party games with us and they play the sims and mobile games.

My dad plays a lot of games but he mainly plays MLB The Show every year. My other sister mainly plays Zelda. I mainly talk to them about games but don’t really play any with them.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I've probably said this like a million times before but me and my dad are both huge gamers. We're each always playing new games, and when we aren't we're usually talking about video games (or other random Nerd stuff). It was him who got me into video games, after all. My sister and mom both play as well, but more casually. They'll usually just do things like Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon. My mom mostly plays mobile games now but she would crush me in Mario Kart when I was younger.
For the most part we all own Nintendo consoles. We had a PS3 once but everything else is Nintendo.
That's really nice! And lol that would've been your motivation in mariokart

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
My parents weren't gamers, but I've heard stories of my dad playing Super Mario Bros. on the NES which I'm sure wasn't uncommon for the time. But as long I've known him, he had no interest in video games, but my parents were very understanding of the hobby and didn't really look down on it, at least by the time I was born since all my siblings were pretty much gamers.

I did see my dad attempt to play Super Mario Bros. on the Wii once though. But til this day, my brother and I are pretty much intertwined when it comes to gaming. We like the same stuff, play the same stuff, play co-operatively, and even side by side on single player games.

Part of the reason we actually really enjoy co-op experiences is because we have a great chemistry that just isn't there whenever we play with others, either together or individually. Like this one time we joined a random group of people for a game of Horde in Gears of War 4 and we made it to the last wave and we kinda tried to stick with the team and follow their lead, and we all just kept getting annihilated, until we decided the hell with them, let them die in the room they kept holing up in, and we held it down together to the amazement of the rest of the team.

My sister and our other brother on the other hand are a lot more casual though. She mainly likes Nintendo games like Mario and Zelda, and even got into Animal Crossing during the pandemic. She also likes stuff like Little Nightmares. Meanwhile my brother is more the typical casual player who's Playstation all day, but only really likes Call of Duty but still doesn't really play much.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
My mother used to play one game all the freaking time: Pick Axe Pete. But she wasn't a gamer. Neither was my dad. My oldest brother was a gamer. He was really addicted to his PS3 and 4 and his XBox. He still played 1 day before his passing.
One of my sisters is a gamer too. She plays World of Warships for 8 years now and many steam games. She always was the gamer of our family :D As far as I know all my nephews are gamers. Mr Vee however doesn't like games. He is easily bored. Heck, I bought animal crossing for him to try it out and not even 3 min in game he already quit because he got bored!! He doesn't like it when I play a game but he knows I love Zelda games till death so he has to live with it :ham:

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Used to play some video games with my mother and my father when I was younger. I don't think it's something they actively enjoyed because it's not something they ask for lol.

I know my father used to have an Atari and play in arcades when he was younger though.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
My mum was never really interested in games but my dad would often play racing games on the PS2. My brother I grew up with as a kid played games sometimes but not near as often as I did and I don’t think he still does at all. My three youngest siblings (there is quite an age gap between child number 1&2 and 3/4/5) all play games but not really Nintendo so much since they tend to game on their laptops.

My sister and my girlfriend play with me. I have most consoles laying around the house somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom