• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Do You Guys Think That Maybe We May See Some New Areas?

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
So I was on Zelda Universe and on this thread they were talking about the idea of a snow/ice based area and optional dungeon implemented into Zelda OOT3D, this seems really impossible but I would like it nonetheless. Well I was looking at this image:
i269555-x1200-y1200-q100-a1-r1-h102666880898252119.jpg
And I noticed that the map is a little larger than it is in the N64 version, that is if you include the darkened areas. So do you all think this theory has any merit to it, you know about extra areas.

Ganondork

goo
I believe Miyamoto already confirmed that there is no chance of much change other than slightly cleaned up graphics. Maybe there was a screw up with the map.

That map looks about the same size to me. At least the same shape. It doesn't really look like new regions have been added onto it at all to me. It's just redrawn and redesigned.

I believe Miyamoto already confirmed that there is no chance of much change other than slightly cleaned up graphics. Maybe there was a screw up with the map.
He never said that, although for a while that is what everyone thought it was going to be. More recently though they've confirmed there will be new content, they just haven't told us what.

I don't really think we'll see new areas, exactly. Not in that way. I don't think we'll see stuff that changes the existing story much, but rather side content. I'd like to see optional dungeons and new sidequests, in particular. It would be cool to have the Ice and Wind Temples that were originally intended to be in the game as side content.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
I do really hope there is new content, most likely side content. As much as I love OoT, and the fact that I'll buy OoT3D regardless, I just really hope there is something new for those who have already played the game a bunch. Also I was refering the the gridline above the map in the picture I posted, which now that I think about it wouldn't make much sense to have an area to appear there since there isnt any clouds to cover said area.

Djinn

and Tonic
Honestly no, I would rather not see any new areas added to the game for two reasons.

First of all I want to have an update not a remake. I cannot see the usefulness of adding more dungeons to the game as there would be no real story or item reward for doing so outside of adding more hours of gameplay. The mission of the game is fairly tight to begin with so I cannot see what an extra ice dungeon could add to the game, at least not without having to add an extra sage medallion or some other item to the game as a reward. If there is no point in going there most people would skip it entirely, ruining the effort in making it in the first place.

Second I think if more were to be added to the game it can easily be added to the areas you currently visit. There are too many places in OoT Hyrule which are only used once for maybe a single mission and all the NPC's within it are mostly pointless. Or just added to give it some population. The Goron and Zora villages were like this, 98% of the NPCs within are only three to show the players that Zora and Gorons live there, in a cave with one or two rooms only and a bunch of people that just wonder around aimlessly for no other reason. Even Castletown was a mostly empty place with little to do but cleverly disguised by a large city backdrop. I would much rather have more areas to visit and more places t explore within Castetown, Goron city or Zora Waterfall. Actually expand all these areas from a single room to a larger multi roomed environment with plenty more to see and do and more people within to interact with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom