• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Feel That Sitcoms Today Have No Edge?

Cape-706048.jpg

So I'm sitting here watching a Seinfeld marathon and it got me thinking about the other night when a bunch of my friends made me sit through three hours of The Big Bang Theory. So I wondered, why wasn't I laughing as hard as they were at Sheldon Coopers antics? Why is "Bazinga!" so hilarious that my friend Nicole almost choked on her coke?
I couldn't understand, yet here I sit all by my lonesome laughing at Jerry and the gang waiting for a table at a Chinese restaurant. Its the same with How I Met Your Mother, I could not get a single laugh out of that show, I felt like some critical snob watching the show with my fiance who was literally stomping his feet at every joke.
Is there a sitcom on TV that confuses you? Do you constantly find yourself watching reruns of old sitcoms and still finding them hilarious? Am I not flexed out enough to fit into this generations comedy?

Attachments

• Cape-706048.jpg
    Cape-706048.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 0
Seinfeld is definitely a comedy that will transcend time, but I also feel that there are plenty of good sitcoms today. My personal favorite is It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - incredibly humorous. The Big Bang Theory is also really funny in my opinion. How I Met Your Mother is a good show, but it's equal parts comedy and drama, so it isn't as funny as the other sitcoms out there. I'd definitely recommend It's Always Sunny if you haven't seen it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom