• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Ever Stop to Admire the Background?

C

Caleb, Of Asui

The game had beautiful graphics. That is a fact that is undeniable.

Really? I'm friends with a few Sony-Microsoft-fanatics who would beat the crap out of the graphics of anything for the GameCube or the Wii, or even the 3DS if you can believe that. >_> But I personally believe that what looks beautiful in a game has little to do with the power of the console and more to do with how it's drawn and whether or not that looks nice, and I do quite enjoy the environments in Twilight Princess. I can't really remember how much I took the chance to stop and look around, though. Maybe at the odd moment where the gameplay and the story is kind of at a standstill, or if I come to a place that's just absolutely beautiful, but I may be one to admire it without stopping to do so. I feel like I might do that a lot in Ocarina of Time 3D when I play it, though, since their re-drawing of the world is quite beautiful, and I can't imagine how nice it will look with the 3D effect.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Well of course I do. It's part of the beauty of Zelda games. You're running across this massive field and you hear this music that just brainwashes you to stop and kinda forces you to take a look at what's around you. Even in those small towns, it's the music that just catches you in the moment and lets you appreciate the world you are exploring. There's just something about Zelda that's so unique that let's you wander and wander.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I've only ever done that in Spirit Tracks and Wind Waker, only because both games have such wide and expansive backgrounds that truly emphasizes exploration and amazment. I just love the emptiness sometimes.

Wait a minute... I've also done it for TP, just not as often. TP had a lot of potential, but the backgrounds felt less like the environment that I hoped for and more like a video game level sadly.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Mostly around the games of WW, TP, OoT, MM and ST.

They have interesting things if you take time to stop and look around you. The water in TP as life-like and I admire that, especially that in Lake Hylia. The mountains in OoT were also getting my attention, a big big mountain overlooking hyrule. The Town of Termina was exciting, despite the moon falling over them.

C

cobemon

i stop to admire the background music more than the graphics. im a musical person, and the music just stands out to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom