• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you consider the handheld zeldas to be overrated or underrated

Diamondarrow67

Hero of Time
I consider Minish cap underated and consider oracle,links awakening,and seasons to be fine. I also really enjoyed four swords with my friends that was so much fun

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I am part of a minority that really enjoyed Phantom Hourglass. I enjoyed the Temple of the Ocean King - it's like an obstacle course where you run for your best time.
Also, I think Linebeck was one of the best characters from the WW sequels

I think the DS games may be a little overrated. I remember PH getting handheld game of the year or something back when it was first released, and even then, I didn't really agree with that. This is coming from someone who kind of liked PH after the first time, but I absolutely could not stand it after revisiting it years later. This is probably due to my attempting to play through the entire series back in those days, and I found games such as LA and MC to be far superior.

I don't think ST was much better, honestly. I was overjoyed that they finally stopped it with the stupid boat (why Zelda went through this phase with boats and massive, empty bodies of water still confuses me), but the train wasn't much better and almost as tedious to use for travel. The control scheme is still flawed in my eyes as well, which greatly detracts from my enjoyment of any game, not just Zelda.

I'd say the others get the treatment they deserve though. OoX is kind of forgettable on a lot of levels, which is why I don't see people talking about them too much. LA and MC seem to get a lot of love, which I think is definitely well deserved as they took on the 2D style mantel very well. I'd put ALBW in the same group as well, a very good game that carries on ALttP in a fun way.

Neither when looked at as a whole, though I find Spirit Tracks severly underrated, as I have stated on this board many times before.

Depends on the game. Pound for pound, three of them have big, busy worlds. One is a slight tweaking of a previous console, ST is to confined to its tracks and I haven't played PH so I can't say anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom