• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Ask Others for Help or Are You Trying to Fix Things Yourself First?

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
I usually try to fix it first myself. But if I get stuck, I ask someone. The only thing I really need help on is fixing/rebuilding computers. I hate to screw up a computer.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I like puzzles and problems, so I'll want to solve it myself wheather I think I have the tools or not. :bleh: If I find out that I am seriously unable to do this, then I would ask for help from someone who knows (depending on the problem, but I'd probably ask my dad X3).

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
i do everything in my power to solve my own problems, I mean I will exhaust every means I have before I ask for help.. though when I have exhausted everything and I'm just stuck then yeah i'll ask for help.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Asking for help is usually in the back of my mind, unless it involves carrying something that I can't figure out how to carry without hurting myself.

If it's something school-related, I honestly hate asking for help.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hmm...I think it's rather interesting.

For the people who rather do things themselves, are you hard-hearted or uncaring towards others? Do you prefer to have people "stay out of your way"?

Skittles

Rainbows!
It really depends. I believe that there's a point at which I will ask for help because asking for help isn't shameful, it shows some sign of humility and acknowledging that I sometimes need it despite my intelligence and independent attitude helps me to personally keep things in perspective. There are worse things than asking for help, I figure, and if I can do better with someone's help, then that should be the way to go. *shrug*

@Ven: No, I also help others and try to show a more caring side. I figure even if I don't help them directly, I usually can do so in a more indirect way...

Not to come off as insulting, but only if there was someone around who was smart enough to know what they're doing. Seeing as how there is no such person, I am left with no choice but to do things myself, even if the proverbial "trial and error" thing is involved. Wish things didn't turn out this way, but oh well. For this very reason, I try not to bite of more than I can chew to begin with...

Zarah

Pikachu my Snorlax
I always try and fix things first. If I screw up, I'll try again and again and possibly learn how not to screw stuff up that badly again. I'll ask for help if I've completely run out of ideas or just can't take it anymore.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I try to do things myself. I don't like asking others. Not because I don't care about them, or don't like them. But because I don't wish to trouble them with my small little problems. And also, if I spend hours trying to figure something out, and I ask someone, and they figure it out in 5 minutes, it would be pretty embarrassing :P

Asking someone else is a last resort which I only turn to when I can literally do nothing else.

Try to fix it myself until I break it. Then I ask for help, maybe.

Yeah, I do that. :P I have a really bad pride issue and I'm not too smart either so I get a lot of eye rolling when I ask, so I like to avoid asking for help if possible. But of course, I always mess things up and inevitably have to ask for help later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom