• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do People Still Think SS is 10 Years Before? Maybe Spoilers?

B

balmung123

i remember b4 the ss game came out ppl kept saying it takes place 10 years before the oot. i was wondering since it has been almost a month since games release do ppl still believe it is 10 years? my thoughts is that ss takes at least minimum of 100 years before oot.

I don't know where the ten years part came from... the developers said takes place before OoT, but a specific time is not said, but one can easily assume hundreds of years before the others in the series.

BTW 10 years would be when OoT Link is born considering he's 10 when you start the game.

Who the said it was 10 years before Ocarina of Time? Whoever said that is... wrong, I'm sorry. I wrote about this at some length in an article, but basically even 100 years is way too little time. Considering that in Skyward Sword, the civilization known as Hyrule doesn't exist yet and the Master Sword had just been created. In Ocarina of Time, the Master Sword is a legendary blade. Something doesn't become legend until its an ancient, ancient thing. The entire way Hyrule is handled in Ocarina of Time suggests that the kingdom's origins (you know, the actual culture and land, not just the current formation of the kingdom, which would have happened in the Unifying War), had to have happened a long time ago, especially since, (spoiler for Skyward Sword's ending)...

The end of Skyward Sword has Impa seal the Triforce in the Sacred Realm for the first time, which, clearly, happened a long time ago.

Bottom line is we're talking hundreds of years before Ocarina of Time. Minimum.

G

gAmer_Matt

Lol, never even heard anyone think 10 years. In fact, I don't think any of the games (unless it's a direct sequel) ever take place within such a short time.

A

Alishia

It would be hard for it to be ten years, as there is no Sky City mentioned in the world of OoT, thus it would be safe to assume the city has been wiped from the memory of the people, except maybe the Royal Family, depending how long the Skyloftians kept in contact with Hyrule, and whether or not City in the Sky and Skyloft are related.

ZeldaFan11

#TeamPhelps
I remember reading somewhere where it had said that SS is 500 years before OoT, I really dont know if this is true or not but thats just what i had read.

Pen

The game is on!
I agree with what people have been saying here, that there must be at least a couple of hundred years between the games. Also, I for one think that The Minish Cap takes place in-between the two games.

By the way, I have no idea where this thing about people saying that there is 10 years between the games comes from. I posted a thread about two months before the release where I asked how many years people thought there was between SS and OoT. Nobody thought it were only ten years.

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?23035-How-Much-Time-is-There-Between-SS-amp-OoT

Yuuki

ギラヒムーあくま
Zelda states before she enters her sleep in the Amber Crystal ma-bobby. That she will enter a slumber for thousands of years to hold the seal against Demise the obvious connotations are:

Hylia Seals Demise away and Impa's time - Link The Hero of Legend/ Zelda finally destroy Demise = thousands of years.

Navi states to Link as they enter the back room of the Temple of Time that it is the Sword of Legend, so by then the Master Sword is already a legend by OoT so if I am not mistaking, a good 500 years minimum to be honest.

SecretNerd-sshh

Its a secret to everyone
There is an indefinate amount of time between SS and OoT. Nintendo could pump out every game from now on and fit inbetween the two if they wanted.

It clearly isn't 10 years because it's clearly not the same characters, landscape, or age. Besides, it doesn't matter how much time had past between any game. Because the landscape and people change between games, I'd say hundreds to thousands of years pass(with the exception of Spirit Tracks, which was only 100 years). Even if the creators do release a timeline, I think they would leave the amount of time between games up to the fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom