• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Do lack of pieces of heart, less rupees, less music, and etc. concern you with BOTW?

While I'm hyped for the game, I'm also afraid that they did a little too much of removing things that makeup Zelda games. A lot of rupees, pieces of heart, and classic Zelda tunes need to be mainstays. I've mentioned my concern with repetitive shrines and other dungeons in the past. I don't want it to be purely survival. I see why so many people are hyped and that we finally get a huge open world game like the original Zelda.

What do you think? Maybe I need to give it a chance.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Less rupees objectively makes them more valuable which is a problem that all Zeldas ' even Skyward and ALBW - have had. Valuable rupees is a great thing.

Pieces of heart have always been little trials: by getting 4x spirit orbs and praying to the G-ddess you get either a heart contsiner or stamina upgrade. In that way, pieces of heart are still in the game.

And finally, less music is simply a monetary choice, not a a game choice. The game is too big to go full OST, if they had the cash to blowyou know we'd get another Skyward Orchestra/MIDI mix.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
And finally, less music is simply a monetary choice, not a a game choice. The game is too big to go full OST, if they had the cash to blowyou know we'd get another Skyward Orchestra/MIDI mix.

That statement is a load of bollocks. The game is not too big to go full OST. There are bigger games that have full OST and this is Nintendo. They do have cash to blow.

If they have less music it is because it was what they are going for with the tone of the game.

Give the game a chance. The changes may seem alien right now, but when you play it you may prefer it.

As for what you mentioned; rare rupees sound like a good thing, the economy in Zelda has always been broken so BotW might fix that.

True, we go about getting heart pieces differently this time but i like the choice between stamina and health and you can make temp hearts through cooking so it may be a good trade off between the two.

I did wonder if the Shrines would be too samey given that there are over 100 but we'll see. Right now i think theyre a nice stylistic contrast to the overworld.

As for the lack of music. I love all te music ive heard so if they use it sparingly then it may make the music feel more special. The lack of it reminds me of WW, when you'd come to an island and the music would stop and all you heard were the waves and the birds, it made the world feel more alive and made it feel bigger in scope than it was. If BotW follows the same ideals then im perfectly fine with that.

These changes may be the best thing for Zelda. If no one likes it maybe the next game will revert?

Last edited:
I think that less everything is more of a plus for the new game rather than a negative. Each game has something new that it brings to the series, and in this game, we're given so much of something new, that naturally some things end up getting removed. I'm sure that once we get to play the game and get into the game, we'll see some more purpose behind it and have it more appreciated.

Pieces of heart would have been nice but I don't have hate how they have handled heart containers in this game. At least there's a reason to go to the shrines now.

Idk what to say about rupees because I havent really experienced if the "lesser amounts" is going to be a problem.

Idk why but I like the way music has been handled in this game. I can't explain it but something about peace and quiet and occasionally hearing a nice tune around a stable or a special area just seems relaxing and special to me.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
When you take what normally is a sandbox adventure game and fully transform it into a giant open world game with seemingly ultimate freedom, then expect changes to the normal conventions. I can't say whether these changes are good or bad because I haven't seen how they impact the game as of yet. If I were to answer the question though:

Any currency isn't about sheer quantity, but the actual singular worth of the currency. Make rupees more scarce and drop prices and it's value grows. Heart Pieces ussally are there to give you motivation to explore. However the game is so huge that we don't need that incentive since it's already inherently there. Soundtrack is pretty self explanatory, you can't have a unique track for each piece of land since the scale would make that impossible. And having the same track constantly repeat would just be tiresome. This is why most large open world games opt for an ambient atmospheric soundtrack. It's more complimentary and not in your face.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Heart pieces (in a different way), rupees, music all exist in the game. So what's the problem/
I don't think you read the word "less". There are fewer rupees and from what I've seeb in previee vids, the primary way to obtain them is through selling rare materials. Music is very sparse from what I've seen, and closer to jingles than they are to classical music tracks.

I don't think you read the word "less". There are fewer rupees and from what I've seeb in previee vids, the primary way to obtain them is through selling rare materials. Music is very sparse from what I've seen, and closer to jingles than they are to classical music tracks.
I read the word less and chose not to focus on it as it's not really important. We have everything we want in this game, it's just not handed out to us anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom