• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Do any of the game items have no practical use?

Obviously, anything organic can be used for the making of meals and elixirs. I discovered at the first (and only, so far) fairy fountain I discovered that some of these items are needed to upgrade armor (so glad I had on hand what was needed). With the exception of the diamond I found, it looks like the other gems have some elemental quality which I'm guessing will translate into some kind of weapon or armor upgrade later in the game. I cheated and read about ancient armor. It looks like ancient cores and ancient shafts are needed. Do ancient gears and ancient screws have any practical uses? What about diamonds? Amber? I am trying to figure out if I have anything I should just sell 100% of when I find a merchant.

Theyre just materials. You cant do anything with them aside from either selling them or using them to upgrade armour.

Diamonds are useful for reforging certain rare weapons that you break.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Most ore you can just sell right away, tbh. It's the easiest way to make money and you won't be missing out on much. Luminous stones is super easy to find and it gives you tons of rupees

A lot of ore is used in upgrades, but I usually sell the surplus and leave myself with at least 20 of each just in case I need them. --Diamond's "elemental quality" is guardian resistance, by the way. Monster parts can be traded in at Kilton's shop for his special mon currency.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I basically hoard everything and only sell what I need to buy what I want. Early upgrades for I tems aren't bad, but some of the late upgrades get expensive.

My method kept me cash poor, but I usually didn't need to farm too much to upgrade things.

That being said, gems are probably the best things to sell if you need money. They are worth a lot and fairly easy to acquire, especially if you mark Taluses on your map.

A lot of ore is used in upgrades, but I usually sell the surplus and leave myself with at least 20 of each just in case I need them. --Diamond's "elemental quality" is guardian resistance, by the way. Monster parts can be traded in at Kilton's shop for his special mon currency.

Well, I sold the only diamond I had. I'm pretty far off from what I need to even forge ancient armor or weapons, so I guess worrying about having what I need to upgrade them is kind of foolish at this point.

What about ancient screws and springs?

Thanks for all of the info. Essentially, everything in this game has a practical use - nothing consists solely for the purpose of being sold for rupees. Very good to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom