• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spirit Tracks Disorientation Station, Bridge Builder's, Dark Ore Mine, and Slippery Station

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MiniLinkFan

Hi!

I have a few questions about Spirit Tracks. See, I'm up to the point right before the final battle, but I want to make sure I have done and finished all I can in the game before heading off to the top of the Tower of Spirits.

1) There are weird marks, like indentations, on the ground at Disorientation Station. Why are they there? I tried everything to trigger something. Bombs, the Song of Discovery, throwing rocks on them. What are they there for? Hardly anything is just there in a Link game, so...any help?

2) Similar with the Bridge Builder's place - the snow on the ground. Is there any way to melt it? Again, I tried everything (bombs, arrows with the new Bow of Light, and the Song of Discovery.)

3) There are rocks at the Dark Ore mine, outside of the actual mine. Again, are they just there for show? Or is there some way to destroy them?

4) At Slippery Station, I'm having difficulty with the last, longest race. I almost get to the gate. Does anyone have any tips about how to get to the end in time?

I know all this seems very meticulous, but I really want to make the most out of the game, and these were things that were bothering me. I'm rather thorough .>_<.

Any help you all could give me would be great! Thanks!

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
For 1) 2) and 3): I think those are all just for show. 4): I still haven't done that one. But from what I've heard, it's good to roll on the solid ground parts. Other than that, I guess just try to take sharp turns and run fast. Good luck!

M

MiniLinkFan

I can understand 2) and 3) being just for show, but the indentations on the ground at Disorientation Station look like they must do something! Perhaps I'm being too thorough.

I tried rolling on the solid parts, but it just slowed me down .>_<. (Believe it or not.)

Any other tips out there?

And thanks so much for your help, Aelic7!

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
I looked at the ZDungeon walkthrough, and it didn't say anything about the indentations. Are they maybe leaf piles? You can blow them with the whirlwind to uncover rupees, hearts, and small treasures. As for Slippery Station, the only advice I have is just to keep trying. You'll get it eventually.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Okay as for the race is simple when you must take a turn do a spin in the ice and you will start in the direction you want with a little boost (you will save like 1 maybe 2 seconds, that should be enough. As for disorientation station the guard outside the cave gives you a clue ( i would right it down in the map) and i think there is other clue at the beggiing of the cave but i am not sure as for the rest is only decoration

M

MiniLinkFan

you don't mean to roll, do you? (instead of spinning once.) How do you get yourself to go in the direction you want in mid-spin? I can only do that when I make Link spin three times in a row. I'm getting to a point that this may not be worth it .>_<. Just bothers me that I can't do it.

And, Aelic7, they aren't leaf piles. Definitely not. But ZeldaFan163 - I'm not lost with how to do what I have to at Disorientation Station; that is, how to do what the soldier wants me to do. (If I recall, he gives me directions and all that.) Perhaps I'm not understanding your advice. Does the soldier really give you a hint about the indentations littered throughout the exterior of Disorientation Station? Or does he just give a hint about what direction to take once instead the cave?

Sorry. Hopefully I wasn't too wordy.

TheHeroOfLime

Excelling in Mediocrity
Dang, I didn't even know half of those places existed! I'll have to replay ST again. And I looked up the disorientation station for you, you have to find his dead friend's grave and tell him. As to what the markings are I'm not sure ( I've never been there >.> )

M

MiniLinkFan

TheHeroOfLime - Thanks so much for looking it up for me, even though you have never been there! That was really nice!

Ninten* - I took 2 pictures. Hopefully they appear clear enough. I just chose two spots at Disorientation Station, obviously not in the cave, but outside. There are more markings than just the ones I took pictures of. They just look like indentations in the ground, like they must do something! I want the shovel! .>_<. But alas, no shovel in ST.

100_0437.jpg100_0440.jpg

Let me know, and thanks for all your help so far!

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
for 1) 2) and 3) its for show, but if you did get a shovel in the game (like PH) I would check it out. I never really cared and noticed stuff like that on my playthrough of ST. however for 4) me biggest hint is to use the boomerang and get as much of a lead you can with it, also drifting along the ice instead of sharp turn is very helpful

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I remember those markings. I don't think they mean anything. Maybe it might form a line or something revealing some treasure. Mark where they all are on your map. Then we'll see what it is.

M

MiniLinkFan

MetaPwn -

The boomerang? I tried to interpret this hint of yours, but using the boomerang and then trying to run the race on the ice doesn't seem to be doing it for me. Could you give me a more detailed hint? I know it isn't important, the treasure for the third race, that is, but if there is an easy way of winning the race with the boomerang's help, I would like to try it!

Ninten* -

I marked them all on the map, and they really don't form much of anything. Maybe, -gasp-, the markings are meant to "disorient" the player, distracting them from what's really important at Disorientation Station. That's my nerd-like guess, anyway. Thanks for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom