• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Discussion #003: Is Fado Mido's Sister?

Be advised that the following article contains unconfirmed, fan-made theories or speculation. Many fans wonder if any of the Kokiri children from Ocarina of Time are related. To be more specific, is Fado Mido's sister?

Fado is red-headed leader of the Kokiri children who for an unexplained reason dislikes Link. Once completed the first dungeon in Ocarina of Time, the Inside the Deku Tree, the Deku Tree dies. Once returning to the Kokiri Forest, Mido blames Link for the death of the Deku Tree. None of the other children agree with Mido after talking to them, apart from Fado.

Fado is the blonde girl that teaches you how to Z-Target when she's sat on the canopy above the Kokiri Store. She's literally obsessed with Mido, maybe she fancies him, or they're just good friends, or perhaps, related. Aside from that, they both have similar names.

If Link talks to Fado wearing a mask that she doesn't like, she says she'll tell Mido and get him to beat Link up. Seems a little strong for a Zelda game but, he can try. >: D In contrast, if Link talks to her in a mask that she does like (except for the Skull Mask), she requests Link that he doesn't tell Mido. While it's simple that they're just very good friends, the dialogue supports that siblinghood is much more likely.

After reading that though, you begin to think that it can't be possible that they're related. If the Deku Tree did create the Kokiri children then they're either all related or not related at all. None of them have parents. But it's obvious that Mido and Fado are obsessed with eachother.

In conclusion, I think they could be related but they also could just be "onit" with eachother. Leave what YOU think below! Thanks!

- GreenGyser :chu:

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains
LOL kafigalo, Fado seems to be a common name for Kokiri. The sage in the Wind Waker and one of the girls in Ocarina of Time's forest share the same name.

I think it's unlikely that the two are siblings per se. For starters, Kokiri aren't exactly borne out of any natural means (as far as we know). So how do we say that they have the same 'parent' when we don't even know what a 'parent' is to a Kokiri?

I think the answer to your question is no. If they were siblings, it would be a fair assumption to make to say that all Kokiri are siblings in some way. Since the Kokiri show affection to each other in a way that is more than friendship or siblinghood (Mido to Saria), saying that they are all siblings would mean that the Kokiri are incestuous. Which is weird. Thus they're not siblings. In fact, you could go as far as to say that they're not siblings because the state of being a sibling is basically unknown to a Kokiri. One can't be a sibling, and can't not be a sibling. If you know what I mean.

I'd say that the Know-It-All Brothers in OoT aren't really brothers either. I just don't think the Kokiri work that way.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
In Wind Waker, the Great Deku Tree calls the Koroks his "children". Since the Koroks used to be the Kokiri it's possible the Great Deku Tree saw them as his children too, which hints that the Deku Tree was responsible for thier creation. If true, then all of the Kokiri are 'siblings'.

Personally, I think Fado just really looks up to Mido and thinks he's wonderful. Mido seems to feel the same way about Saria since he almost always talks about her and seems to do everything to try and impress her. Fado probably just thinks Mido is really cool or something.

C

Cojiro

If the Deku Tree did create the Kokiri children then they're either all related or not related at all. None of them have parents.

That was my first thought. But there are two houses in the forest that create a contradiction. The "House of Twins" where the twin girls live, and "Know-it-all-Brothers" house. This suggests that siblings are possible among the Kokiris.

So it looks likes there's a possibility of Fado and Mido, sibling relationship.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Cojiro: The problem there being in your proof: There are brothers, they are stated. There are twins, they are stated. So why would they go out of their way to allude to Mido and Fado's relationship as siblings rather than outright stating it somewhere? Perhaps there's also a problem in the sibling idea in the fact that Mido and Fado don't live together, like the other sibling relations do.

Cojiro: The problem there being in your proof: There are brothers, they are stated. There are twins, they are stated. So why would they go out of their way to allude to Mido and Fado's relationship as siblings rather than outright stating it somewhere? Perhaps there's also a problem in the sibling idea in the fact that Mido and Fado don't live together, like the other sibling relations do.

That's a good point actually, I should've included that in the article.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Couldn't they all be considered siblings?
That's because the Great Deku
Tree is our father, the forest
guardian, and he gave life to all
of us Kokiri!
The Know-it-all Brothers and the Twins, then, would be siblings that are closer to each other than the others. It's a pretty tight-knit community.

Even if they aren't biologically siblings, they might as well be considered siblings, since they share all other traits as normal siblings do (e.g. they have the same "father", even if metaphorically).

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Maybe they are not silblings per say, but rather the twins were born at the same time, the know-it-all brothers were intended to be brothers by the deku tree

That's fine, I understand. I really don't know why Fado in Wind Waker is a boy.

The Wind Waker's Fado was originally known as フォド (Fodo) in the Japanese version of said game. The reason as to why it was changed in the English version is unknown [to me, at least], but I suspect a simple error in translation to be the main culprit.

The Kokori do not seem like a race that is heavily prevalent throughout the world so it seems likely they are all related in a fashion, however it seems unlikely due to how they treat each other (such as Fado's male love for Saria) that they are literally brothers and sisters. Some may be more similar to each other then the rest, like humans sometimes gravitate away or towards each other in mating scenarios (some claim humans are not attracted to each other if they share common genes or would not make good breeding partners - but this is going way off topic now). But in whole I may assume they have a more fairy-like conception with the aid of the forest somehow. Just because they look like human or Hylian children doesn't mean they actually are like them physically or genetically (much like fairies and other fay creatures).

In Wind Waker, the Great Deku Tree calls the Koroks his "children". Since the Koroks used to be the Kokiri it's possible the Great Deku Tree saw them as his children too, which hints that the Deku Tree was responsible for thier creation. If true, then all of the Kokiri are 'siblings'.

Personally, I think Fado just really looks up to Mido and thinks he's wonderful. Mido seems to feel the same way about Saria since he almost always talks about her and seems to do everything to try and impress her. Fado probably just thinks Mido is really cool or something.

I agree. Plus Fado seems to have that crush on Saria, maybe also like she "is really cool or something," or something more (wink-wink). I don't REALLY want to picture all this incest going on in the woods however if they are all related, but then again we assume they are like per-pubescent humans or hylians all their lives and such things as procreation would not occurs, hence how Cfrock points out the Great Duku Tree may have helped created them as his "children" in a fashion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom