• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Discussion #001: Ordon Village Built on Kokiri Forest?

Discussion #001: Ordon Village Built on Kokiri Forest

Be advised that the following article contains unconfirmed, fan-made theories or speculation. Some fans theorize that Ordon Village is built upon the foundations of the Kokiri Forest from Ocarina of Time. Now here's some points why this could be true:

The terrain from Ordon Village closely resembles and in some cases matches the terrain of the Kokiri Forest and looking at both the world maps from Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, both places are at the same location on the map, south. Twilight Princess is taken place more than a century after Ocarina of Time which means there was plenty of time in between for Ordon Village to be built. Talking of in between, perhaps the Kokiri Forest got wiped out by the Great Flood from Wind Waker and when Hyrule was drained, Ordon Village was built on top of it.

If that's the case, then what happened to the Kokiri children? The Kokiri children never grow up, so they could live forever. But saying that, it doesn't prevent them from drowning or being killed by Ganondorf from Wind Waker. So after they died, the Ordonians must of built their village there. Or perhaps the Ordonians are just an evolved version of the Kokiri. All of these points here are just speculations, but there really is physically remains of the Kokiri Forest in Twilight Princess.

Firstly, the actual layout of Ordon Village is similar to the Kokiri forest, with its houses made out of trees and a small river/lake that streams down through the village. Link's tree house is practically exactly the same to Link's tree house in Ocarina of Time too! Ruins from the Kokiri Forest are also visible in certain locations. There isn't just ruins of the Kokiri Forest in Ordon Village, there's ruins of the Kokiri Forest all over the Faron Province!

For example, in the Faron Woods there's a very large tree which holds the first dungeon of Twilight Princess inside, the Forest Temple. It does seem remarkably similar to the Great Deku Tree from Ocarina of Time which holds the first dungeon inside, which is Inside the Great Deku Tree! Maybe the tree from Twilight Princess itself is the dead Deku Tree or even the dead young Deku Tree which began growing once finishing the Forest Tempe. It could be either, especially after seeing the large dead tree in the Great Sea in Wind Waker. Away from the actual tree, inside the tree, the Forest Temple, holds some very interesting markings. On each door in temple (besides the Boss Door) there is a large Deku symbol carved into the front and back. This MUST be the Deku tree! If not, then maybe those pesky monkeys decided for some reason to carve the Deku symbol on the doors!

I highly doubt that.....

The last thing I want to talk about here is the Sacred Grove! The Sacred Grove resembles the Sacred Forest Meadow from Ocarina of Time which is just outside the Kokiri Forest. The Sacred Grove also holds the Master Sword, which you can get after completing the first half of the game. Both of the places though don't have any similarites whatsoever, because the Master Sword in Ocarina of Time is in the city. The only similarity they really have is Skull Kid, the annoying little Deku child that you have to fight over and over again. He's also the main bad-guy in Majora's Mask, but that's irrelevant.

The temple in the Sacred Grove is also very similar to the temple in the Sacred Forest Meadow just like the Deku tree dungeon and the Forest Temple dungeon from earlier. The Sacred Grove holds sixth dungeon in Twilight Princess, the Tempe of Time. Yes, they actually made it a dungeon this time. In the Sacred Forest Meadow there is the fourth dungeon in Ocarina of Time, the Forest Temple. They are both very similar too.

In conclusion to this article, nobody actually knows the answer to this question, because there's no official answer. Everyone has their own views on this, so post what you think below! Thanks for reading, and, happy Easter!

- GreenGyser :chu:

Last edited:

jack546

The chosen one
Maybe the kokiri evolved into the koroks and moved to wherever the deku tree is possibly the sacred grove.

Be advised that the following article contains unconfirmed, fan-made theories or speculation. Some fans theorize that Ordon Village is built upon the foundations of the Kokiri Forest from Ocarina of Time. Now here's some points why this could be true:

The terrain from Ordon Village closely resembles and in some cases matches the terrain of the Kokiri Forest and looking at both the world maps from Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, both places are at the same location on the map, south. Twilight Princess is taken place more than a century after Ocarina of Time which means there was plenty of time in between for Ordon Village to be built. Talking of in between, perhaps the Kokiri Forest got wiped out by the Great Flood from Wind Waker and when Hyrule was drained, Ordon Village was built on top of it.

Woah woah woah, slow down there partner. You're assuming that TP and WW are in the same part of the time line, where Zelda Theory up to this point as thought otherwise. After WW, Hyrule was never drained, new Hyrule was found in PH and ST. So, there goes that portion of the theory.

If that's the case, then what happened to the Kokiri children? The Kokiri children never grow up, so they could live forever. But saying that, it doesn't prevent them from drowning or being killed by Ganondorf from Wind Waker. So after they died, the Ordonians must of built their village there. Or perhaps the Ordonians are just an evolved version of the Kokiri. All of these points here are just speculations, but there really is physically remains of the Kokiri Forest in Twilight Princess.

In Wind Waker, the Kokiri are saved and turned into Koroks. Thus, they live on the portion of the Kokiri forest above the sea. Still, Ordon Village may be built upon old Kokiri village, but your theory is based on a completely different, and unproven, timeline.

Firstly, the actual layout of Ordon Village is similar to the Kokiri forest, with its houses made out of trees and a small river/lake that streams down through the village. Link's tree house is practically exactly the same to Link's tree house in Ocarina of Time too! Ruins from the Kokiri Forest are also visible in certain locations. There isn't just ruins of the Kokiri Forest in Ordon Village, there's ruins of the Kokiri Forest all over the Faron Province!

For example, in the Faron Woods there's a very large tree which holds the first dungeon of Twilight Princess inside, the Forest Temple. It does seem remarkably similar to the Great Deku Tree from Ocarina of Time which holds the first dungeon inside, which is Inside the Great Deku Tree! Maybe the tree from Twilight Princess itself is the dead Deku Tree or even the dead young Deku Tree which began growing once finishing the Forest Tempe. It could be either, especially after seeing the large dead tree in the Great Sea in Wind Waker. Away from the actual tree, inside the tree, the Forest Temple, holds some very interesting markings. On each door in temple (besides the Boss Door) there is a large Deku symbol carved into the front and back. This MUST be the Deku tree! If not, then maybe those pesky monkeys decided for some reason to carve the Deku symbol on the doors!

I highly doubt that.....

The last thing I want to talk about here is the Sacred Grove! The Sacred Grove resembles the Sacred Forest Meadow from Ocarina of Time which is just outside the Kokiri Forest. The Sacred Grove also holds the Master Sword, which you can get after completing the first half of the game. Both of the places though don't have any similarites whatsoever, because the Master Sword in Ocarina of Time is in the city. The only similarity they really have is Skull Kid, the annoying little Deku child that you have to fight over and over again. He's also the main bad-guy in Majora's Mask, but that's irrelevant.

The temple in the Sacred Grove is also very similar to the temple in the Sacred Forest Meadow just like the Deku tree dungeon and the Forest Temple dungeon from earlier. The Sacred Grove holds sixth dungeon in Twilight Princess, the Tempe of Time. Yes, they actually made it a dungeon this time. In the Sacred Forest Meadow there is the fourth dungeon in Ocarina of Time, the Forest Temple. They are both very similar too.

In conclusion to this article, nobody actually knows the answer to this question, because there's no official answer. Everyone has their own views on this, so post what you think below! Thanks for reading, and, happy Easter!

- GreenGyser :chu:

While your theory certain holds some merit in regards to TP and OOT, it's muddled by unproven theories in which TP and WW are the same timeline offshoot, in which they are not.

Still, taking those parts out of the theory makes the whole Ordon/Kokiri relationship seem very likely.

The terrain from Ordon Village closely resembles and in some cases matches the terrain of the Kokiri Forest and looking at both the world maps from Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, both places are at the same location on the map, south.

I'm going to be completely honest, I've never given much thought as to whether Ordon Village was built on Kokiri Forest or not but you're points have got me thinking. This whole map business sounds promising and the whole idea of Ordon Village being built on the forest doesn't sound impossible.

Talking of in between, perhaps the Kokiri Forest got wiped out by the Great Flood from Wind Waker and when Hyrule was drained, Ordon Village was built on top of it.

Well, you claim there's no official announcement on whether Kokiri Forest became Ordon Village, however the official timeline has been revealed and Twilight Princess is in parallel to Wind Waker not after it, that means Ordon Village could not have come to be as a result of the Great Flood, plus it's commonly believed that the Kokiri evolved into the Korok.

If that's the case, then what happened to the Kokiri children? The Kokiri children never grow up, so they could live forever.

True, but they were also a weak race, so any invasion of any kind could have rendered them extinct. In Ocarina of Time they had the Lost Woods to run to but in Twilight Princess the Lost Woods exist to a lesser extent and we all know that Kokiri become skull kids if they live there too long. A number of things could have happened to make them extinct.

Firstly, the actual layout of Ordon Village is similar to the Kokiri forest, with its houses made out of trees and a small river/lake that streams down through the village. Link's tree house is practically exactly the same to Link's tree house in Ocarina of Time too!

That's also very true plus if you take the main part of Ordon Village and the main part of Kokiri Forest, each of them has a little path that leads on to a smaller section, in Kokiri Forest it's where the Great Deku Tree lays, and in Ordon Village it's where Link's house is. Also, the resting place of the Kokiri Sword could quite possibly be the Ordon Ranch.

Maybe the tree from Twilight Princess itself is the dead Deku Tree or even the dead young Deku Tree which began growing once finishing the Forest Tempe.

I do believe it is more likely the young Deku Tree rather than the old Deku Tree otherwise, why would the temple have grown so much larger. In Wind Waker the young Deku Tree is shown to be alive, but I don't see why in the parallel universe of Twilight Princess it can't have died.

On each door in temple (besides the Boss Door) there is a large Deku symbol carved into the front and back. This MUST be the Deku tree! If not, then maybe those pesky monkeys decided for some reason to carve the Deku symbol on the doors!

I highly doubt that.....

This is just more evidence towards it being a Deku Tree, but not necessarily 100% conclusive as you suggested. The real reason I quoted this was to alert you to the fact that your monkey comment made me physically laugh out loud and I'm with you on that one, haha.

The last thing I want to talk about here is the Sacred Grove! The Sacred Grove resembles the Sacred Forest Meadow from Ocarina of Time which is just outside the Kokiri Forest.

Yes, that's very true, there's also what appears to be the remnants of the Lost Woods, in the way that there is no map for it and it's rather easy to get lost within it.

The Sacred Grove also holds the Master Sword, which you can get after completing the first half of the game. Both of the places though don't have any similarites whatsoever, because the Master Sword in Ocarina of Time is in the city.

True, but within 100 years a lot of things can change, the king of Hyrule may have thought it best to hide the Master Sword away from the city, there's also the possibility that when Hyrule expanded the city moved away from where it was originally built, as the Sacred Grove is supposed to be the ruins of the Temple of Time, where the sword was originally kept.

I'm going to say that this whole paragraph contradicts itself. The Sacred Grove is supposed to be the ruins of the Temple of Time, so really has nothing to do with the Forest Temple. This could explain why the Master Sword is found here, but then that contradicts the fact that this could be the Sacred Forest Meadow. However, it still doesn't explain the fact that what could quite possibly be the Lost Woods are still leading to it. As I already said, it's quite possibly Hyrule Town could have been destroyed and rebuilt elsewhere during a 100 year period leaving the Temple of Time closer to the Kokiri Forest, or that the Temple of Time was destroyed after Ganondorf's attack and rebuilt within The Lost Woods which would then explain why the Temple of Time had a dungeon within it, destroying the Forest Temple to make room for it.

All in all, I think it's quite possible that Ordon Village was built where Kokiri Forest once proudly stood, in fact I believe it's highly possible.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
The official timeline in Hyrule Historia says WW and TP are in different parts of the timeline. The deku tree is, with out a doubt, the forest temple from TP. I think Ordon village was not built on Kokiri village. There is no solid evidence, and where did the kokiri go? I doubt they evolved.

I also agree it evloved into ordon and the faron reigon because in Tp there is no korkiri so i think ist did like over time be renamed and then like maybe links son ended up living were his father lived be4 him like that sort of thing.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
This is a valid theory, but some of your information is invalid. A lot of this theory has speculation of TP and WW being on the same timeline which is not true. The only part of this theory that could be true is the locations of the two and the architecture/ layout of the two

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Maybe the tree from Twilight Princess itself is the dead Deku Tree or even the dead young Deku Tree which began growing once finishing the Forest Tempe.
I do believe it is more likely the young Deku Tree rather than the old Deku Tree otherwise, why would the temple have grown so much larger. In Wind Waker the young Deku Tree is shown to be alive, but I don't see why in the parallel universe of Twilight Princess it can't have died.

Or it could be both, the forest temple in TP is divided into two segments conected by a set of bridges ov er a huge chasms, it's possible that these two segments are the different deku trees

I don't believe that the Forest Temple in OoT is the same as the Temple of Time in TP. The first room in the Temple of time is much more similar to the original Temple of Time in OoT. I think that the Temple of Time in TP was an extension to the temple in OoT. The locations don't match up too well, but maybe the Kokiri Forest grew up to the Temple of Time and Hyrule Castle moved a little bit north. Otherwise I think it's a great theory.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
It an interesting theory, and worth thinking about but a lot of your reasons for thinking it are based on bad information. Twilight Princess and Wind Waker do not occur in the same timeline, for starters.

The Sacred Grove being the Sacred Forest Meadow just doesn't make sense to me since the Temple of Time is, as far as I am concerned, a constant that never moves and is never rebuilt. I think the area around it in Twilight Princess was once Hyrule Castle Town from Ocarina of Time and that the kingdom of Hyrule expanded during the likely war that resulted in Ganondorf's botched execution, hence Castle Town being in a different location in Twilight Princess. That's just my thought though.

The Forest Temple in Twilight Princess being the Great Deku Tree from Ocarina of Time always seemed strange to me. I don't necessarily think it isn't, just... I don't know. I never got the impression that it was. The Deku symbol doesn't mean too much to me since the same symbol is found in the Forbidden Woods in Wind Waker (a place even the Great Deku Tree hates) as well as appearing on the wooden shields held by Green Bokoblins in the same game.

The way I always saw it was that after Link (as a child) warned Zelda about Ganondorf, there was a war that ended with the Gerudo's utter defeat and Ganondorf being banished in the Twilight Realm. During that war, the kingdom of Hyrule was expaned through conquest and the castle (which was perhaps destroyed during the war) was rebuilt in a more central position to the expanded border. A forest grew in the area where Hyrule Castle Town used to be, enveloping the Temple of Time and explaining why it's in the woods in Twilight Princess. This is just my own theory of how I think it works but following that idea, I think Ordon Village may just be Lon Lon Ranch. Over the years, perhaps Lon Lon Ranch gradually grew into a small community which we eventually saw as Ordon Village.

That's just my theory but then, I haven't looked at the geography of the areas so, maybe there's some truth behind your idea, who knows?

It an interesting theory, and worth thinking about but a lot of your reasons for thinking it are based on bad information. Twilight Princess and Wind Waker do not occur in the same timeline, for starters.

The Sacred Grove being the Sacred Forest Meadow just doesn't make sense to me since the Temple of Time is, as far as I am concerned, a constant that never moves and is never rebuilt. I think the area around it in Twilight Princess was once Hyrule Castle Town from Ocarina of Time and that the kingdom of Hyrule expanded during the likely war that resulted in Ganondorf's botched execution, hence Castle Town being in a different location in Twilight Princess. That's just my thought though.

The Forest Temple in Twilight Princess being the Great Deku Tree from Ocarina of Time always seemed strange to me. I don't necessarily think it isn't, just... I don't know. I never got the impression that it was. The Deku symbol doesn't mean too much to me since the same symbol is found in the Forbidden Woods in Wind Waker (a place even the Great Deku Tree hates) as well as appearing on the wooden shields held by Green Bokoblins in the same game.

The way I always saw it was that after Link (as a child) warned Zelda about Ganondorf, there was a war that ended with the Gerudo's utter defeat and Ganondorf being banished in the Twilight Realm. During that war, the kingdom of Hyrule was expaned through conquest and the castle (which was perhaps destroyed during the war) was rebuilt in a more central position to the expanded border. A forest grew in the area where Hyrule Castle Town used to be, enveloping the Temple of Time and explaining why it's in the woods in Twilight Princess. This is just my own theory of how I think it works but following that idea, I think Ordon Village may just be Lon Lon Ranch. Over the years, perhaps Lon Lon Ranch gradually grew into a small community which we eventually saw as Ordon Village.

That's just my theory but then, I haven't looked at the geography of the areas so, maybe there's some truth behind your idea, who knows?

I think what you've said there is a very good point, and now I'm thinking that's possibly what it is. :P

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
I think your theory is pretty believable, when accounting for aesthetics and time span. The only problems I see are your involvement with The Wind Waker. According to the official timeline, The Wind Waker and its sequel take place in another time dimension, therefore making it impossible for the Great Flood to have occurred beofre the event of Twiligt Princess. Even with this corrected, I don't see much else that needs to be nick picked, aside from the Temple of Time being the Forest Temple. that may be a stretch because the Temple of Time has intense magic associated with it and is thought to be the entrance to the Sacred Relm. While is it wholly possible that the Sages merely refurbished the Forest Temple and relocated the sacred magic, I think having them separate entities makes more sense. but it's not impossible.
Other than that, this seems like a logical theory. Considering how many references made to OoT in Twilight Princess in general, the Faron Woods being the Korir Forest doesn't seem all too hard to believe.

Smoore

The Rational Theist
Besides the The Wind Waker error that everyone keeps pointing out, I like your theory.

Here is a possible explanation for the missing Kokiri: the Skull Kid's puppets. What if, during the hundred years or so between Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, the Lost Woods was somehow corrupted and the spirit of the Deku Tree was killed, leaving just the tree behind? Then the Kokiri then became fatherless, and they degenerated into puppets of the Skull Kid. They were essentially mindless, but they did fight to defend their home. It is a bleak picture, but it could work.

Alternately, the Kokiri become the Monkeys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom