• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Difficulty Needs to Increase

I agree that difficulty needs to increase, especially around bosses (Tentalus, really? Come on, at least put up a fight so I don't feel so guilty when I whoop you). I think we would be more likely to see a difficulty selection or something than just getting overall harder games (as that may alienate new or younger players), but I think even that would be cool to see.

Over9000Gingers

I want fries.
Is it just me or was Skyward Sword substantially more difficult than most recent installments? Personally, the majority of the bosses were not stun, hack, and slash, which greatly increased their difficulty.

As for the whole hold your hand hint system business, I believe Nintendo is going a bit overboard with catering to that whole catering to a casual audience business.

Increased linearity is also to blame for why people felt the recent games were easier. The three areas were too loosely connected and nearly every character prodded you too much in the right direction.

I blame the American audiences for the linearity. Maybe I just have this mentalility that Americans are stupid or something. But if I had LoZ on and gave 80% of the people I know the controller, they wouldn't go in the cave to get the sword. They'd probably walk around and die a couple of times before they would realize that the black hole in the mountain is a damn cave. Which brings me to conclude that if you don't have your mind set for Zelda, you aren't going to like it. So Nintendo needs to stop this casual Zelda bull.

PS--I learned how to make up statistics from playing SS

Saying that the reason someone finds a Zelda game easy is because they are a veteran of the series is a massive cop out imo. If this is true, then it's obvious the series is becoming stale. While I believe that there will always be recurring enemies, puzzles and other elements, a lack of new content to challenge experienced players is disappointing. However I do not think this is the case with SS.

I found the enemies of SS to be more puzzle based than any other title, simply because of the Motion+. I think this is where Demise was so easy for some people. The player has a whole game to hone puzzle-based swordplay, only to fight something that comparably doesn't take much effort in the end. I had more fun fighting Ghirahim's Final Form than Demise. I have to admit, I did die vs Demise after using 2 Health+ potions, and I died against bosses less than 5 times overall. Yet, the second time I fought him I did not heal once. This is because once I figured him out, he was all too easy. And figuring him out didn't take long when I had close to mastered the sword and shield. Really, even trial and error wouldn't take long to realise you had to use the skyward strike.

I don't think SS was too easy. It was easy, but that's okay. That said, I was disappointed with Demise's difficulty. I think there is plenty of room to increase the game's difficulty without turning non-gamers away.

SS just lacked better enemy AI and exploration/sidequesting.

I beat SS twice and still find demise hard. And what was so hard about final form debby? You push him off the platform, final blow him, rinse and repeat, then basically just go for his chest-diamond. Demise was a brute force, not some butthead who thinks that he's so powerful or great :p

SS seems more like an experiment now that I think about it. I must be slow or something.

Last edited:

MW7

Is it just me or was Skyward Sword substantially more difficult than most recent installments? Personally, the majority of the bosses were not stun, hack, and slash, which greatly increased their difficulty.

As for the whole hold your hand hint system business, I believe Nintendo is going a bit overboard with catering to that whole catering to a casual audience business.

Increased linearity is also to blame for why people felt the recent games were easier. The three areas were too loosely connected and nearly every character prodded you too much in the right direction.
Agree, agree, and agree. I do think Skyward Sword was more difficult than most of the recent games in the series. The only games since and including Ocarina of Time I felt were harder than Skyward Sword were Majora's Mask, Oracle of Ages and Spirit Tracks. Still I think its fair to ask for the games to be harder because each of the first four games in the series made most of the more recent games in the series look incredibly easy.

Taggerung115

Warrior
(this thread only has minor spoilers, so dot worry...)well, I just wanted to point this out... the dificulty had decresed drumaticly..... I was ecpecialy disapointed with SS, becouse all the stone slabs told you what to do... What Im partialy trying to say is: the riddles need to be harder. I get it, a lot of little kids are playing, but most fans are older. things like "make the dodongose eyes glow red, and a new path will open" (im qouting these from my memory, so dont get hard on me for not saying them exactly..) or that realy long, hard one from the end of WW in ganons castle is good to. thats not the only thing ether, the bosses are a lot easeir too... in the old games, the mini bosses alone toke a couple tries... but now, you barly need to try... and another thing I was un happy about with SS is that Demis was one of the easeyst bosses in the game.. so the three things I want them to increase difficulty on is: Dongeons, Bosses, and riddles...

This is just my oppinion, so please dont get mad at me if you dont agree. please leave your thoughts in feedback, thankyou: ~lil'link :)

I agree.

Dungeons, bosses, riddles and puzzles need to be harder. The tutorials should be optional as people may want to figure it out for themselves like in the original Legend of Zelda game. I know I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom