• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did you play the remakes first?

I was born into the franchise, but drifted away for a while after Wind Waker. With that in mind, I played the originals first for everything except Twilight Princess. I did not have the privilege of playing that one until TPHD came out.

I will also note that my complete physical collection consists of the most recent releases at this time. So while I no longer have OoT for example on N64, I do have OoT3D. I also have the GBA versions of everything before that generation. Example I have Zelda 1 and 2 on the GBA for portability in physical form.

Well, I played Ocarina of Time first on Gamecube via the Master Quest bonus disc. So I guess I played the remake first there. And Majora's Mask 3D was the first version of Majora's Mask I'd played.

But for other games, it was either the normal version upon release or the original via Virtual Console.

I have never played the remakes, and I don't really like how they look, except for WW, which is actually an HD version of the previous one.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I did play the above mentioned on their original consoles, though for some games, I never had the opportunity to play them when they were released. I first played LOZ and AOL on the Wii, and I didn't play LA, OoA, and OoS until I got my 3DS.

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
I played the original versions of every game with the exception of a couple ports. My first experience with LA was actually on an emulator, as for Zelda 1, 2 and 3. Wow, I was a good pirate as a kid. Then the first time I played Majora's Mask was on the GameCube Zelda Collector's Edition bundle. Now I have at least one legitimate copy of every game, so I guess that's better. : P

I was originally going to say that I had played several remakes first, but then I realized that most of the time I played the originals first. I did play Four Swords Anniversary Edition before the original Four Swords and I played through Wind Waker HD after trying out the original Wind Waker at a friend's house some years before WWHD came out.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
The only remake I've played so far is Majora's Mask and I played the original first. While I appreciate that the younger generation can play HD remakes of the games, I wish Nintendo would just make the original games more accessible. Maybe I'm nostalgic, but I'd play original Majora's Mask over the remake any day. I want Nintendo to focus on something new and not fancying up a game they made over a decade ago.

The only games that I didn't play the exact original were ports. So A Link to the Past on GBA, and I guess Twilight Princess on the Wii, if you count that. Played the original on an NES. Never played some of the older ones though.

I wasn't born until 1993 but I always try to play the original version before playing a remake. Although, I haven't necessarily been able to play the TRUE original version of every game in the sense that many of the games I've only played ports of. Examples being The Legend of Zelda collector's Edition on the Gamecube. I've never played Zelda 1 and 2 on an actual N.E.S. or OOT and MM on an actual N64. And I've only played the Game Boy Advance version of LTTP. But I like to at least play a port of the original before playing a complete remake.

I own the CD where it has MM, OoT, and demo of WW on the disk but I was gifted MM3DS. I'm playing that instead of doing the one on the disk. Does Alttp on the GBA count since it is technically not the original one which was on the SNES?

Being born in the early 80's I grew up with Nintendo from the earliest days of the NES, so I played all the original releases except Wind Waker first. Wish I did play it when it first released on the GameCube but I am glad I have it for WiiU.

Since I was born in the late 90s, I have only played the remakes. I don't mind too much, though, because the remakes are just as good if not better than the originals.

I played all the remakes, but passed the originals first, except for windwaker, never owned a gamecube. But thanks to the remake, was able to appreciate this masterpiece, turned out to be one of my favorite zelda games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom