• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did you play the remakes first?

I was born around the time OoT was released so I've be able to play all the games from then in there original states and love playing the remakes to help them feel new again.

I only played the MM3DS remake first. But that's because I don't own the original game. So I was curious and bought it. But everything else I played before the remake.

I'm surprised knowing your age on the original post.

I've played all of them on original console. I must admit I only played Zelda 2 a couple times on NES and did not beat it. All the others I've played and beaten on original console. Played all the remakes too (not all the ports). Just need to find time to finish TP HD

I played all the originals back in the day, always struggled with the originals on NES, but truly fell in love with Link to the past and Link's awakening. Went back and beat the originals five years ago (but on the wii).

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I'm surprised knowing your age on the original post.

I've played all of them on original console. I must admit I only played Zelda 2 a couple times on NES and did not beat it. All the others I've played and beaten on original console. Played all the remakes too (not all the ports). Just need to find time to finish TP HD
I got late into Zelda (2008) and gaming in general.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I played the originals before any of those were released, at least for those ones. But I did play many re-releases in lieu of the original (a la Colelctor's Edition for Gamecube)

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
I played the HD remakes of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker first. I actually am currently watching the credits of Wind Waker lol. I wasn't really into video games during the period when they came out. But I played OoT and MM before I played the remakes.

Edit: my phone constantly corrects Waker to Walker

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
wasn't there to play the n64 games on the 64,but i didn't play the remakes [as a first time] either,cuz virtual console & collection disc
the only updated zelda i played for the first time was link to the past on gba,though don't know if that counts for here

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I was a latecomer to the Zelda party, only starting this year, so I have only played the 2 HD versions, the 2 3D versions, and the DX version of the respective games. I had the opportunity, for example, to buy TP on the Wii or the HD version on the Wii U, and when you put it that way, there really isn't a reason not to play the updated ones instead of the originals. The remakes are generally just better.
i prefer the original majora's mask to the 3ds version,but otherwise sure

Nope. I actually don't think I've played any remakes... My first was OoT on the N64, then Majora's Mask and on. I suppose I have played a remake, if you count the Gamecube ports of OoT, MM, LoZ, and AoL as "remakes."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom