• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did you play the remakes first?

Some of us (like myself) were lucky enough to have been born with Zelda, as such those of us who discovered the series at an early age grew up at the right time for the series to constantly wow us.

The original Zelda was the beginning of something unique in gaming, ALttP perfected what the original started and wowed those of us who played it at the time of its release.

Then Ocarina of Time showed us what a true revolution in gaming felt like...

But (probably most) others here on this forum werent born in the late 80s. Some of you on this forum were born after OoT had released and never got the chance to live through such an exciting time... as such most of you probably never played the games in their original states on their original consoles.

So, with the existence of OoT3D, WWHD, MM3D and TPHD, which did you play?

Did you play the originals first or were the remakes your first times with these titles?

Last edited:
Depended on the game really. OoT and beyond, played the originals, but Alttp and original Zelda I first played on the GBA (though I guess they aren't remakes).

WW is a weird one for me, bc I played the original but never made it far, but then ended up loving the HD remake and finally beating it then.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I've mostly played the remakes. The only games I've played on their original consoles are ST, PH, SS, and ALBW. I did play the original TP, but on the Wii and not the Gamecube.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I didn't have an NES or a N64 so I wasn't able to play the original games or OOT/MM so I played the original and AOL on GBA remake and MM/OOT on 3DS.

Salem

SICK
The only remake I played instead of the original is LA. as for the rest, I played the originals first.I haven't played TP HD yet.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I played OOT,MM,WW and TP on their original consoles and have some of the best memories from doing so.

I didn't remember OOT as being a revolution because it was my first experience in gaming, though because of that it set the bar high for the future. I didn't really feel it had been surpassed until Twilight Princess.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I was born in 93, so I played the originals, except for Link's Awakening, which I got later on, and it was the DX version for the GBC. ALttP, the original game and Zelda 2 I played as ports (on GBA and GameCube), but that doesn't count as remakes.

Nope I played the originals. Except for Windwaker. I've only played the demo on that one GameCube Zelda game that came with several games and also the wii U remake

Out of all of the true remakes, the only one that I didn't play/have in it's original format is Wind Waker. I don't actually have an N64 so I had to buy Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask on virtual console but I have at least played the former on the N64.

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
Not yet. When some of the older handheld games are remade (oracles / minish / spirit tracks) I think I'll do.

I was a latecomer to the Zelda party, only starting this year, so I have only played the 2 HD versions, the 2 3D versions, and the DX version of the respective games. I had the opportunity, for example, to buy TP on the Wii or the HD version on the Wii U, and when you put it that way, there really isn't a reason not to play the updated ones instead of the originals. The remakes are generally just better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom