• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did You Like the Bug/treasure System?

Did you like the bug/treasure system?

• I like it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was okay.

• I didn't like it.

• Total voters

Linkyme

Call me Coco :3
I like the system of catching bugs and collecting treasures, and upgrading items is great, but the one thing that annoys me is that it has to pause you and go into your items menu every time you get it. It's already enough to pause it and give me a description, but you don't have to show me where it goes on the items menu!!

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
I enjoyed it actually. When I first got the game, I was excited to fill in all the empty spots. It was really fun looking for bugs too. Kinda reminded me of catching bugs in animal crossing. xD

MW7

I thought the system was great. I loved that everything was optional, but if you put in the effort, you were rewarded. Having said that the notification system was so awful that it actually made me wish that the system entirely was just removed despite how much I loved the system. Nintendo puts in a great optional system but doesn't give you the option to turn off the notifications of said system- absolutely ridiculous. Let me paint a picture of myself playing the game- I'm fighting enemies with a big smile on my face, then I pick up the treasure they drop and I instantly frown because gameplay halts for 5 seconds to tell me something I already know but don't care about. This happened at least a hundred times in my first playthrough alone. Luckily I played the game in long segments, or I would have been even more annoyed. I did pick up a tip from someone that was extremely helpful- if you pick up a treasure with the beetle it skips the notification. It's stupid that the time taken to take out the beetle and use it actually saves you time in the long run.

MoblinPiglet

Prince of Moblins
MW7 said:
I thought the system was great. I loved that everything was optional, but if you put in the effort, you were rewarded. Having said that the notification system was so awful that it actually made me wish that the system entirely was just removed despite how much I loved the system. Nintendo puts in a great optional system but doesn't give you the option to turn off the notifications of said system- absolutely ridiculous. Let me paint a picture of myself playing the game- I'm fighting enemies with a big smile on my face, then I pick up the treasure they drop and I instantly frown because gameplay halts for 5 seconds to tell me something I already know but don't care about. This happened at least a hundred times in my first playthrough alone. Luckily I played the game in long segments, or I would have been even more annoyed. I did pick up a tip from someone that was extremely helpful- if you pick up a treasure with the beetle it skips the notification. It's stupid that the time taken to take out the beetle and use it actually saves you time in the long run.

It was more annoying in TP because sosmetimes when I would pick up a rupee it would give info about it which was annoying. TP is still a great game though.

Zarah

Pikachu my Snorlax
I liked it, but I had a hard time getting all the specific upgrade treasure needed. Even with the treasure medal equipped, I couldn't get anything :/

I've been watching the walkthrough with Mases, and he hasn't mentioned ONCE what the bugs are even used for! He's all the way to Nayru's flame and not once has the reason for collecting the bugs been mentioned. That's not really fair, for those of us who have not yet been able to play the game.

AwesomeTingle

Pure Awesomeness
It was a good idea, but it could've been implemented much better. Plus I hated re-learning about everything when I restarted the game. The system was a good addition, but didn't affect my overall view of Skyward Sword.

Zarom

The King
I loved it. The treasures were something I liked in WW, and I was glad to see this system back in SS. I really liked collecting the treasures and catching the bugs, it made the game a tad more fun. I also liked that you could upgrade your items with them, giving the game a more RPG feel to it. It is something I would definitely like to see back in later Zelda games, and expanded upon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom