• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did Skyward Sword Become Your New Favorite Zelda?

boko bob

A boko named Bob...
While I was just doing the story, it was brilliant, but not magic... not like TP is to me. I went online to find out how to see Batreaux, and I got into the various side quests. It is now tied as my favorite, with Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess!

F

FaroresFolower

Skyward Sword has definitley become my favorite Zelda game no doubt about it!

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
Yes, its been quite some time that I had this much fun with a Zelda game and its definitely my new favorite. But like The Beast, I still feel OoT is a better game. Literally anyone can jump on that and be able to play it. Plus, I've always felt the pace of the entire game was just right. Every time I've beaten it, I've never felt it was too long or even too short. And the ending ties it together perfectly. Skyward Sword on the other hand requires some skill; which was fun for me since I've got years of Japanese Swords training under my belt (I actually spent like the first half hour of the game just screwing around with the swordplay lol).

I really hope that they keep the 1:1 swordplay in the next Zelda, taking it back to punch button just seems cheap now that a Zelda like this exists.

G

gydders

I'm always tempted to put new Zelda games above others, but after a couple of years have passed (and after I replayed the game a few times), OoT always regains the top spot in my heart.
SS will most likely make my top 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I'm definitely enjoying the game immensely. I love the whole having to rely more on skill in combat, the story so far has been good (I'm only at my third dungeon, tho so I know there's a lot ahead of me), I like flying around, tho I can agree that it would've been more fun if there were more areas to explore up in the skies (like some has mentioned on some threads), I like the graphics and the bigger variety of potions and shields (have yet to get a different sword, tho I am aware I will be able to eventually). Would I call it my favorite Zelda? I don't think I've played far enough to give a really thought out answer to this. OoT definitely still holds that special place in my heart being my first Zelda (which I inevitably end up comparing all other games to) and I also really did enjoy TP, and before SS came out there were my number 1 and 2... we'll see whether SS beats either of them once I've played it a bit more.

Skyward Sword did become my favorite. I was amazed that it beat The Minish Cap on my favorites list. Oddly enough, the games have the same director.

MW7

I like MM, OOT, and LoZ more. It's a toss up for fourth place with ALTTP. Fourth place isn't too bad considering most of these games are on my list of favorite games of all time. The only non-zelda game I like more is Donkey Kong Country 2.

For me, I would have to say absolutely. I love Ocarina, Majora's, and Wind Waker, but after seeing what Nintendo can do with the Zelda series with Skyward Sword it made it my personal favorite in the series. Sure I still love many of the other games in the series just about the same, but Skyward Sword had that major connection to me that just made the game twice as good.

I've had the game since release day and I'm still on my first playthrough. I'm about to enter the third silent realm and up to this point, I'm still forcing myself to play this game. SS still remains in the lower tier for me.

Nope, Wind Waker is still my favorite. It holds a special place in my heart as my first zelda game. Also, I'm probably the only person who liked WW's sailing better than SS's flying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom