• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Did Breath of the Wild have the right enemies?

Hyrule in BotW is a post apocalyptic one, recently decimated by what seems to bw the most powerful Ganon in the series....

But for a world recently brought to utter ruin I question the choices of enemies used in BotW.

Where are the ReDeads? Poes? Gibdos or other undead/restless enemies?

With so much death that must have befallen Hyrule when Ganon attacked I wonder why we don't have a darker cast of enemies rather than just the Bokos and Moblins we ended up with.

What do you think, should BotW have had darker/restless/undead characters to sell the idea of death and destruction?

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
BoTW had a very limited number of enemies as did Skyward Sword.

Unfortunately most enemies BoTW do not require any strategy other than getting a powerful enough sword to one hit kill them therefore greater variety would be for cosmetic reasons only. Still it would break up the monotony of looking at the same things all the time.

The game should have had different enemies depending on where you were in the world. The desert should have had leevers, moldorms, Poe's. Death mountain should have had dodongos, and red bubbles etc.

I don't think ReDead or Gibdos or floormasters would feel in place in the current world of BoTW because there are no spooky areas. For a post apocalyptic setting the world is a remarkably bright and cheery place and it would be hard to find somewhere fitting for the undead and scary enemies. There SHOULD have been such a place but there wasn't.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I feel that their goofy cutesy design was a bigger problem than the chosen enemies themselves. Although honestly, it shouldn't have been such a limited "choice" to begin with.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
No, I thought it was fine
the three "main" enemies obviously are bokoblins, moblins, and lizalfos, but there are also wizzrobes, lynels, guardians, keese, chuchus, hinoxes, moldugas, taluses, pebbits, octoroks, yigas, and probably a few others that I can't *immediately* think of.

There is a problem with botw's combat (or several) but the enemy diversity isn't it. I don't think nintendo counted on people optimizing combat for some reason but once you do it just becomes so boring and more tedious than anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom