• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Did Anyone Ever Want This Link's Design in a Platform Game?

Ive always wanted since Oot and the oracle games to play as a teenager link in a 3D zelda game. Not a top down handheld. I mean ocarina of time or twilight princess with a slightly shorter link with abit more hair. Oot child link is 10 an while majoras mask art has the link I want to use his model still looks young. I want a teenager link. Yeah 17 is technically a teenager but lets face it that is adult link. And dont even think about telling me skyward sword link is a teenager. He might seem like kne because of the high schoolish theme. But there are about 20 ppl on the damn island so I couldnt count that. Plus he look like an adult even if he is 16/ 17.

Thoughts? Anyone else feel they want this link in 3d? Or a taller kid link from oot/MM

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Ive always wanted since Oot and the oracle games to play as a teenager link in a 3D zelda game. Not a top down handheld. I mean ocarina of time or twilight princess with a slightly shorter link with abit more hair. Oot child link is 10 an while majoras mask art has the link I want to use his model still looks young. I want a teenager link. Yeah 17 is technically a teenager but lets face it that is adult link. And dont even think about telling me skyward sword link is a teenager. He might seem like kne because of the high schoolish theme. But there are about 20 ppl on the damn island so I couldnt count that. Plus he look like an adult even if he is 16/ 17.

Thoughts? Anyone else feel they want this link in 3d? Or a taller kid link from oot/MM

I actually don't see that much wrong with the Link design in ALBW, I mean, it is an overview game after all. Also, SS Link, in my opinion and/or my take on it, let alone according to old interview with Miyamoto in 2009, Link supposed to be at least be 18 in SS as he was supposed to be a "more" older and mature adult Link than the usual 16/17 for adult Link. However, this was dis-regarded by HH which confirmed SS Link as age 17.5 but that doesn't make any sense considering, he becomes a knight in SS, in most cultures/traditions/customs in regard of knighthood, people would have to at least be at the age of 18 to even be eligible to become a knight, I know that from experience. So I'd say it makes more sense that SS Link was in-fact supposed to be at least 18 but Nintendo change it for some reason. They did the same thing with OoT where Adult Link in OoT was originally supposed to be 17 due to Young Link's official confirmed age being 10 which is 7 years apart from 17. However, Nintendo then changed OoT Adult Link's age to 16 then later to 15 and somehow back to 16, unknown as to if they ever made where he is 17 again.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the title... do you mean you want there to be a Zelda platformer?

As for the age of the Link you'd like to see, I think what you're referring to would actually be considered 'tween' or 'preteen' and aged somewhere between the ages of eleven and thirteen. I consider teen between the ages of fourteen and about eighteen. In MM and early Oot, he was about nine or ten--still a little kid, really. Older Oot Link was about sixteen, as was TP Link, and as you mentioned, SS Link was seventeen. Technically, those are all still teenagers. We've never seen him any older than seventeen so far, and I definitely would rather he never got older than his teens in the games. However, I'm more fond of the teenage Link we've been seeing lately--the ones in his older teens. Maybe it's because he's closer to my age, or maybe I just don't like being short and being unable to climb higher ledges, regardless I'm more particular teenage characters. That being said, I wouldn't completely shoot down the idea of preteen Link.

Sorry by platform i meant console. Like oot or ww or tp or ss releases. Because in the gameboy and this 3ds game link looks more than a child but less than an adult. Im saying I want to see this teenager link in a 3d game. But not a top down game like this. I dont mind it. But ive already played games like this the oracle games had a teenager link. Who wasnt a little kid but he wasnt an adult either. See wut I mean? Can i edit the title at all?

Salem

SICK
I not so much wanted a younger Link in a 3D console game, I wanted A 3D game that mimicked the "squished" down/short designs of the 2D games' sprite, look at the photographs of Link in LA DX to see what I mean. WW was close to my idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom