• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Devil's Third

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I fear too many people on this site are simply unaware or only mildly aware of the Wii U's upcoming shooter/action game Devil's Third. It looks intense. You're some insane Russian covered in Japanese writing cutting through ninja's and gun-toting soldiers after America's satellites are destroyed. There's also online multiplayer where you can both kill enemies and try to carry fruit to giant funnels as the enemy team lobs RPGs at you. Looks insane, filled with blood, gore, action, girls, and apparently a werewolf at some point. Looks like the other Duke Nukem. I've said before that the Wii U is a cult-classic factory, and this is a prime example.

Don't believe me? Here's a trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9teDKrpaDKQ

I fear this game is doomed to poor sales, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy it. Are you excited for it? Does it look like the sort of game the Wii U needs? Can you find the NA release date? Comment below and let me know.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
It gets released in Europe in August, I think. But yeah, I'm hyped for this, I hope it delivers.

I told Fig this before, but Devil's Third makes me think of Madworld, except in color and with Russians. It looks like a promising game, but I'll probably wait on reviews before making a decision. I just hope this comes to North America on time. The lack of the game at E3 has me worried. This could be another Xenoblade Chronicles type situation.

This feels like the WiiU version of the Wii Mad World. An over violent game for a Nintendo system. I think this is doomed to poor sales as it's traditionally not the type of game most Nintendo fans arew after. I certainly fit into that category of it not being the game for me. Does the WiiU need a game like this? Probably yes. Will there be enough sales to justify it's existence on the WiiU? That I really don't know. I think it'll be a hard sell.

@A Link In Time also sees the Mad World similarities. I think this game will be very good. But it's really very niche on the WiiU and this could hurt it sales wise.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I'm cautiously optimistic for this game. It certainly isn't what I am drawn to by default, but I think it could do well. I didn't get Mad World, and I didn't like No More Heroes, but we'll see. I'm actually a little worried myself that Europe and Japan have a release date, but Nintendo don't seem to be publishing it for a NA release. What's going on with that?

As many probably know, there's a rumor circulating around that Nintendo of America won't publish Devil's Third in North America:

The game is evidently plagued by frame rate issues and poor visuals. It's a shame because I thought the concept looked promising.

There was a tweet earlier by NoA that seems to contradict the publishing rumor, however: https://www.twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/619916072884420609

I guess we can only wait and see.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Yeah, I haven't seen anything positive regarding this game, yet, somehow, it's still somewhat intriguing me. I may look up some gameplay vids on YT before I make up my mind. I don't mind if this isn't some deep, engrossing game. I don't mind some mindless fun every once in a while.

Kyru

WOAHHHH!
I seen this game and was pretty interested because it looked so insane. I really hope it comes to NOA and I get to at least try it. See if it truly tickles my fancy.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I hate to be a thread necromancer, but is anyone else playing this game? Anyone liking it? I'm stuck on a particular level, in one particular section. The bad thing is, I died right at the checkpoint, so I'm loading right at the same point where I'm getting my @$$ kicked. If I can't get past this part, that's it, game over for me.

If anyone is playing this game, and can lend a hand ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom