• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Details From the New Videos

vcdomith

Mad Artist
captainchew2 said:
I find it ood that your sheild would break and disappear
It doesn't "disappear" at all, Link just put away the shield, since it's unusable

D

DisconnectD

Woah!

it's just that Link put it back in the bag when it is broken....oh wait! =p

I just saw something re-watching that 1# video of the IGN article that i didn't see anybody else commenting...anywhere...

Screen%20Shot%202011-09-30%20at%2010.57.45%20PM.png

Notice the big hands grabbing tha canon. The boat is being controlled by one of those dudes of the minecart hallway, one of the new races (I think that they are somehow related to Yeti).

That's a really great find, dude! Talk about a discerning eye. I wonder if it's actually one of those creatures in the flesh or if it's just part of the architecture of the boat (like a decorative cannon) & the vehicle was just made by that race?

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
it's just that Link put it back in the bag when it is broken....oh wait! =p

I just saw something re-watching that 1# video of the IGN article that i didn't see anybody else commenting...anywhere...

Screen%20Shot%202011-09-30%20at%2010.57.45%20PM.png

Notice the big hands grabbing tha canon. The boat is being controlled by one of those dudes of the minecart hallway, one of the new races (I think that they are somehow related to Yeti).

Oh my goodness. O_O That's an incredible find... XD

I'm going to add it to the front page, if you don't mind! :D

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
The big tree's the GREAT DEKU TREE. Also, the statues at the blue minecart ride is the same as the specie third from the left in the intro.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I'm pretty sure it's the great deku tree. Just speculation, but what else could it be? A giant tree, big enough to have rooms inside, sitting in the middle of a forest.

Well, I mean, it doesn't have to be the Great Deku Tree, you know. XD I'm sure there are lots of giant trees in forests. There was a giant tree in Twilight Princess that housed the Forest Temple.

But yeah, I see where you're coming from. It wouldn't be surprising if that tree did turn out to be the Great Deku Tree. :)

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Well, I mean, it doesn't have to be the Great Deku Tree, you know. XD I'm sure there are lots of giant trees in forests. There was a giant tree in Twilight Princess that housed the Forest Temple.

But yeah, I see where you're coming from. It wouldn't be surprising if that tree did turn out to be the Great Deku Tree. :)

Well, how do you know the giant tree from twilight princess was not the Great Deku Tree from OoT, or at least the remains of the dead tree?

vcdomith

Mad Artist
Well, how do you know the giant tree from twilight princess was not the Great Deku Tree from OoT, or at least the remains of the dead tree?
That may be true because in the forest temple(TP) there are a lot of Kokiri Symbols

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!

I don't. ;) I thought that it could be the remains of the Great Deku Tree too. But all I was saying is that we don't know for sure that the big tree in Skyward Sword is the Great Deku Tree.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I just now noticed the Skyward Sword logo version of the Royal Crest. It's a good think I looked for other threads first.

It instantly reminded me of the Arbiter's Grounds, but then the fact that we see it anywhere but at the end of the game confused me. We may have to rethink our theories about the formation of the Royal Family. The whole thing seems circular to me. The crest seems to be based off the birds, but the crest came before the birds?

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I just now noticed the Skyward Sword logo version of the Royal Crest. It's a good think I looked for other threads first.

It instantly reminded me of the Arbiter's Grounds, but then the fact that we see it anywhere but at the end of the game confused me. We may have to rethink our theories about the formation of the Royal Family. The whole thing seems circular to me. The crest seems to be based off the birds, but the crest came before the birds?

I don't think I get what you mean there. Are you saying that you just now noticed this?

ss_logo2.png
Compared to -->
SkywardSwordLogo.png
There's apparently a difference between the Royal Crest and the Hylian Crest. According to Zelda Wiki (although I'm not too sure how reliable this source is), the Hylian Crest just has the bird and symbolizes the Hylian race as a whole, while the Royal Crest is the Hylian Crest plus the Triforce and symbolizes the Royal Family.

Since the Royal Family hasn't been formed yet, it would explain why we've been seeing the Hylian Crest much more than the Royal Crest. In fact, the only time I can think of that we've seen the Royal Crest is on Link's Hylian Shield and in this screenshot:

P.jpg
Also, I think it's safe to assume that the two times we've seen the Royal Crest is near the end of the game, with the Hylian Shield probably being the last shield in the game and the desert place most likely being one of the last areas Link will visit. (Look at the amount of hearts that Link has in this picture--)

003.png
So the Hylian Crest was already established before the Royal Crest. Therefore, it's safe to say that it was a Skyloftians who invented that crest, which is clearly based on the Loftwings. And it seems like each person has their own personal emblem. Zelda's sailcloth/shawl has a blue Hylian Crest on it, which matches her blue Loftwing. Link, on the other hand, has a red emblem (on his Hylian Shield), which is from his red Loftwing.

the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20110928070758391_640w.jpg
hylian_shield.png
(By the way, I wasn't the one to notice the color relationship between the Hylian Crest and each person.)

:)

Last edited:

geek4887

The Unknown
Is it just me, or the architecture for some areas resemble the City in the Sky. eh, it's probably just me.
About that Triforce in the background, it's really, really interesting. Why would there be a triforce sign there? While anywhere else it's not there. The Hylian Shield picture didn't have it, so why would that desert are have it? :hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom