• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Describe your favourite and least favourite teacher from school.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Everyone has a favourite and least favourite teacher from school. Describe yours and why you liked or disliked them.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Um, I had quite a few really nice teachers so I couldn't pick a favourite but I know my least favourite:

My year 5 teacher (age 9-10) was the ****ing WORST. She was just horrible. Everyday she kept us back late. She was patronising, made everyone miserable, and literally everybody who was ever taught by her just hated her guts.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I hated every single Literature Teacher I had from grade 1-8. Why? Because I always felt there were biased toward normal children, it was like even though I got good grades and obviously was overcoming my dyslexia they still were trying to find a way to fail me.

Kyru

WOAHHHH!
"Don't get lost in the sauce." best quote from one of my favorite professors/teachers.

My least favorite I'll say was my Senior year English teacher who would help me by continuously contradicting herself with what I should do and give me 60% every paper. So much anger.

Salem

SICK
There was in English teacher from middle school that used to scare me, she's easily irritable and for some reason during the first semester she decided that I was one of the "stupid" ones. She almost does't believe it when I do well in school.

My favorite teacher was a Physics teacher in HS. Not specifically for his teaching, not that anything was wrong with it, but because he seemed like a nice and cool guy. He actually was a stand in character for the movie Major League, which was shot partly here in Milwaukee. The guy ripping off the dress of the women with his cleats in Major League? Yeah, that's my teacher doing it.

Also from what he said, the guy who he was standing in for wouldn't give him a signature. I know that's their prerogative and all but still.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
My fav teacher at high school was the Teacher Dutch. because he was laid back and he didn't punish people when they were getting loud. He knew how to handle the situation and was a very great man to talk to about everything.

My least fav teacher was the teacher french. That guy was a complete asshole. He had this "I'm the boss" attitude and would yell at you when you even sneezed. God forbid someone is getting a cold.

Reactions: Dan

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
My favorite high school teacher was my sophomore and junior English teacher. She was excellent, always open to new ideas, she really seemed to like the "out of the ordinary" writing styles and processes that a person such as myself had. I got good grades in her class because I listened, did (most of) my homework, and generally tried to be good at the class, and was innovative in what I did.

I hated my sophomore Chemistry teacher. He definitely favored the cheerleader, bubbly type girls. So, long story short, I'm pretty good at math and science and, to be frank, what he was teaching was boring and I knew it already so I would read books during movie time, he took my book from me, a friend of mine saw it on his desk and picked it up for me thinking I forgot it, and we were both sent to the principal (and let go because we're good students and it wasn't our fault he's such a D****b***). After we weren't suspended, he decided to make us both expelled from honors science classes. He also always b****ched about 1 of his 3 children that wasn't going to college for chemistry. We thought that was really s***ty too. He was definitely my least favorite of all my teachers. GUESS WHAT. He promoted my cheerleader, doesn't know anything about science neighbor to honors classes despite her C average (not that that matters, but she definitely didn't know the scientific process either, and was only promoted due to her happy nature, blonde hair and upbeat personality) AND my sister, who was more of the same a few years later.... Yeah, I love my sister to death, but she shouldn't be in honors science, I'm sorry. Honors arts? Sure. Honors science? Yeah, no.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
My favorite teacher would definitely be my Freshman World History Teacher. Not only was he a fan of Game of Thrones (and often quizzed me on my knowledge on it while also sharing some fun things he bought), he managed to make the class involved and fun. He found a great balance between being a student's friend and teacher. Like he knew what sorta kids to pick on and those who to back off of, while also helping the quiet ones come out of their shell. For example, when we had a new student enter the class (I think it happened twice that year), he would go around the room and pretty much introduce each and every one of the students to the new kid while trying to give a fun little quip about their personality (he told new students there was another me walking around to explain I was a twin).

My least is most certainly my recent Calc teacher. She acted so uninterested in a student's success and offered little help to make sure students could catch up and understand. There was absolutely no check for content understanding before a test was issued. She didn't check homework or grade anything. The only way to get better understanding was to go to her afterschool (which was always difficult, but thats the school's fault) and know EXACTLY why you were screwing up, which isnt as easy as some might think. The most frustrating thing for me was that I had to leave some classes early, as did another girl in my class, and the teacher offered to let us come in during our lunch while she taught another class so we could kind of listen to the same lecture twice. But two days later she completely forgot about that offer and looked at me like I was crazy when I asked to come in during lunch, showing she couldn't care less. The girl eventually dropped the course and I was close to failing.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
My favourite teacher was a psychology teacher. Every lesson he taught was like watching a stand up comedian. He reminded me a lot of Ricky Gervais. Latest I heard from him was that he was recently banned from teaching for going off with a student.

My least favourite was probably a woman I had for Biology, she had a patronising manner of teaching students even at A level. I couldn't stand it.

My least favorite teacher was my junior year pre-calculus teacher. She looked like Ursula the Seawitch and had the personality to boot. Just needed some tentacles and a trident, and she'd be all set.

My favorite? Hm. My 7th grade math teacher had the biggest personal impact, for sure. In terms of teaching... I'm not sure. I had a lot of good professors in college. It's hard to pick. My linguistics professor was fantastic, though; she really cared about her students, both personally and academically. I should have kept in touch with her.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
My tenth grade history teacher was my favorite. He was just a super-chill dude and totally awesome. At my school we leave our 5th period (out of an 8-period day) for lunch and that's when I had history so he was super-awesome and then we'd have lunch and have his class for another 15 minutes or so. He was in his early-to-mid twenties and just out of college and he used to go to my school when he was in high school. He had a giant beard and a really great jolly attitude and a lil' bit of a beer gut. He was kinda like a really young Santa Claus.

My eleventh grade history teacher was my least favorite. He was a passive-aggressive prick and kinda dopey. I had him 4th period when we're all dying to get to lunch to eat and can't wait for the bell to ring. He was in his late forties and reminded me just a little too much of my dad. He was also balding and his hair looked like ****, he was annoying to say the least and he reminded me of Professor Snape a lil' bit. And I can't help but feel he singled me out a little bit too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom