• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Demise's Hatred vs The Great Cataclysm

Salem

SICK
Quote from Alttp about the Great Cataclysm
'If one with an evil heart claims the Triforce, a "Hero" will unfailingly appear, and shall defeat the one who will become the origin of this "Great Catastrophe".
However, if the "Hero" were to fall, the world would be engulfed by the evil-hearted one'...

About from SS about Demise's hatred
Though this is not the end. My hate... never perishes. It is born anew in a cycle with no end! I will rise again! Those like you... Those who share the blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero... They are eternally bound to this curse. An incarnation of my hatred shall ever follow your kind, dooming them to wander a blood-soaked sea of darkness for all time!

What confuses me is this; alttp implies there's a cause and affect for evil, meaning when someone evil arises and attains power, specifically the Triforce they will be an affect, that affect being a hero rising to potentially stop this evil.

However, the quote from Demise that this is sort of the opposite way, evil exist BECAUSE the hero and Hyrule exists, in a way, it contradicts alttp's prophecy.

So, what's going on? Does SS supersede alttp's prophecy or are they related in a way, or what?

Last edited:

thealmightysage

thealmightysage
I do not believe Demise's statement supersede's the prophesy set in place by AlttP, but more like they are saying the same thing from a different point of view.

like they both exist because the other one does, if either of them were to stop existing, so would the other as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom