• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Demise Some Form of Dark Link?

no because dark link was made by ganondorf but i do believe demise is like ganondorfs father.

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains
Concerning OoT, ganondorf made a replica of himself in the form of Phantom Ganon. There's the possibility that Dark link was created by him in the same way - to be just a copy. Considering that Zelda is Japanese - and Japanese stuff is usually pretty symolic - I think that the OoT Dark Link is not a copy of Link but more of a reflection, due to the water theme of the dungeon. Furthermore, I don't think that any of the other Dark Links have any connection with eachother, other than that they are monsters that are designed to shapeshift into Link.

I suppose AoL's Dark Link should be mentioned, as it is the first appearance of Dark Link, and happens to be the final boss. I haven't played AoL, so I can't make any serious comment other than that Link fought Shadow Link as a test.

A

Acapreesanz

Concerning OoT, ganondorf made a replica of himself in the form of Phantom Ganon. There's the possibility that Dark link was created by him in the same way - to be just a copy. Considering that Zelda is Japanese - and Japanese stuff is usually pretty symolic - I think that the OoT Dark Link is not a copy of Link but more of a reflection, due to the water theme of the dungeon. Furthermore, I don't think that any of the other Dark Links have any connection with eachother, other than that they are monsters that are designed to shapeshift into Link.

I suppose AoL's Dark Link should be mentioned, as it is the first appearance of Dark Link, and happens to be the final boss. I haven't played AoL, so I can't make any serious comment other than that Link fought Shadow Link as a test.

By test do you mean by Nintendo or Ganon? If you mean Ganon that is impossible because AoL took place WAY after OoT.

IMO the demise is just an ancestor of ganon, or the other way around and the swords are both meant to prevent each other, and thats why their techniques have similarities

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom