• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Deku Tree's Success...real or Fanfiction?

The Great Deku Tree's success is when the Koroks fly off to plant trees, and when they're all planted all the islands of the Great Sea unite to form one continent, this seems like fanfiction but if yo take a look at FSA world map it looks like a bunch of islands together, also in ST the world is divided into four different regions. I don't say I believe in this theory but I also don't say it's imposible either so what do you think?

ST is canonicly in New Hyrule and Deku Tree is canonicly in Old Hyrule. Personaly, I beleive that the Success is ture, but not proven. And it is were FS takes place. I also think that FSA is on the Child Timeline, not the Adult Timeline. But, this probably will not be proven unless another game happens between TWW/PH and ST, or if there is a sequal to ST that happens in Old Hyrule. When you told me FSA, I though Navi Trackers because that happens somewere around after TWW, but how were those islands created exaclty? It makes you wonder.

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I think the Deku Tree's Success is a legitimate storyline element whether there are any games after WW in the same location or not. My current timeline places LoZ/AoL there.

Last edited:
Deku Tree is canonicly in Old Hyrule

Not really true, since in WW you find what may be the Deku Tree Sprout, and if the Deku Tree's success is real, then it would create another Hyrule, who is not NH nor OH, since in NH the spirit tracks were said to be there for a long time to imprison the Demon King

If the Koroks were successful, we don't know. There has never been a game to prove or disprove their success. So judging on the fact that they haven't been proven successful yet, it is safe to assume that they were not successful. Same principle as "innocent until proven guilty" because you start out innocent, then you must be proven guilty.

Anyway, we are talking many, many generations here for the Korok's plan to work. They are trying to build trees that will expand into entire countries or even continents. That's not something that happens in a couple hundred years and surely not something that happened by ST, since I know you mentioned the setup of its regions. There's no way that ST's Hyrule is the Korok's work. Even FSA seems a little to close to the times of the other Zelda games to say that its on another Hyrule created by the Koroks. So really, their efforts will never quite make sense if they show up as successful in a future Zelda title since logically, what they are trying to do would take thousands of years.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
If the Koroks were successful, we don't know. There has never been a game to prove or disprove their success. So judging on the fact that they haven't been proven successful yet, it is safe to assume that they were not successful. Same principle as "innocent until proven guilty" because you start out innocent, then you must be proven guilty.
I think innocence in your metaphor would be better attributed to success. Their intent was to pull the land together, so we should assume that they continue to act on that intent until it is evident that they failed.

There's no way that ST's Hyrule is the Korok's work.
Right. Different location, not enough elapsed time.

btw, would planting trees even have the effect of creating land?

Pinecove

Last Chance
If Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland is Canon (something that no-one has ever disproved for me) than the Deku tree success is real.

Firstcontinent.png

This land here is the same land shown in TWW. The land grew. The end.

Pinecove

Last Chance
And why wouldn't it be Canon? It was supervised by the same guy who supervised OoT. And published by Nintendo.
Heck, those two things alone make TMC Canon (different member of staff, but still) so why shouldn't FPTRRL be?

If Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland is Canon (something that no-one has ever disproved for me) than the Deku tree success is real.

Firstcontinent.png

This land here is the same land shown in TWW. The land grew. The end.
How do you know it's the same land from TWW?! You have no proof of that at all.

How do you now it's the same land from TWW?! You have no proof of that at all.
The real questions is: How do you know that this is not the same land from TWW? You have no proof to think otherwise. Just as you have no proof to say that Link is a Girl made of cheese ten years before TP. That is serously what you just said sounded like in my opinoin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom