• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS Deku butler's son

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Fairly certain that the tree yo see at the beginning is the Son due to the end credits showing the butler crying over the tree, Presumably that's where the Deku Mask came from.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I've held this belief for a long time that the Skull Kid killed the Deku Butler's Son, then used the soul to curse Link, so that the soul of the Deku Butler's Son resides in the Deku Mask (in the same way that the Goron and Zora masks contain the souls of Darmani and Mikau, respectively).

I've held this belief for a long time that the Skull Kid killed the Deku Butler's Son, then used the soul to curse Link, so that the soul of the Deku Butler's Son resides in the Deku Mask (in the same way that the Goron and Zora masks contain the souls of Darmani and Mikau, respectively).

That's sad :(

poisonedPotion

Do not drink the potion!
I agree, the deku mask contains the soul of the deku butler's son but we need to guess the story behind because the game never tells you what really happened.

I wonder why Nintendo never included a little story about it like the other masks.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
According to the Deku Butler I believe he tells Link that his son decided to go on a journey or something. Obviously he was killed, more than likely by Skull Kid. There is no doubt that the Edu Mask contains the soul of the Deku Butler's son. Remember when Link races the Deku Butler to get the mask of scents? When the race is over he tells Link that strangely he reminds him of his own son. Coincidence? I don't think so.

poisonedPotion

Do not drink the potion!
Remember when Link races the Deku Butler to get the mask of scents?

It’s not a coincidence, that is for sure. I found a text dump of the game in gamefaqs.com with the conversation:

Actually, when I see
you, I am reminded of
my son who left home
long ago...
Somehow, I feel as if I am once
again racing with my son...

I am afraid I may have tried too
hard to outrun you. As old as I
am, I am still a fast competitor.
Just like when I raced my son...
Please forgive my rudeness.

Ah?!?
That mask...

It looks just like one my son used
to wear...

My son often used that mask to
find mushrooms in the forest. Oh,
how I long for those days.

I wonder where he has gone...what
he is doing...
If only he would write me a
letter...
Pardon me. Once again, thoughts
of my son have me feeling
sentimental. Now, where were we?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
It is kind of an unconfirmed fact that the Deku butler's son's soul is in Link's Deku mask. Everything in the game leads almost everyone to believe so. I'm not sure if Hyrule Historia confirms it but it should the game makes it so obvious that it's what everything leans toward.

HeroOfHyrule64

The "Not Tingle" Map Seller
You should watch a video called Pop Fiction: The Deku Butlers Son or something like that. It explains a good deal.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom