• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Deepest Zelda Game

OmenBlite

OmenBlite
I love how deep all of the Zelda games are, and wanted to see which one most people found the deepest. I'm guessing MM will pop up a lot.
I would have to say TP, though. It was a story of hope, and this theme was excecuted so well.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I think it comes down to MM or TWW. In the latter Ganondorf was such a deep and pensive character. Years of being sealed away by the sages in the Sacred Realm made him more cautious and thoughtful in his words and actions. No longer does he truly want to destroy Hyrule but rather reform it. He maintains that the Gods betrayed the people of the land and that he is there to reform law and order and establish prosperity.

As deep as Ganondorf in The Wind Waker may be, Majora's Mask is an allegory unto itself with its dark theme, historical allusions, and deep seated symbolism. Majora's Mask is a very depressing game. The world of Termina is doomed within 72 hours and the masses are ignorant of the terrible fate they will soon meet. At the head of this dim future which Link must halt are the moon as well as Skull Kid. I find it extremely intriguing that Nintendo chose to have the moon be the object set to demolish the world in Majora's Mask. In many ancient religions, the moon was an important symbol-for some representing the harvest while for others a sign of the apocalypse. What the moon's portrayal in MM most reminds me of, however, is the poem Romance de la luna luna by Federico Garcia Lorca. In this piece, the poet refers to the moon as something that will take your life away if you stare at it too long. The Skull Kid was another highly symbolic element of the game which contributed to its profoundness. He wasn't inherently evil as his portrayal in Ocarina of Time highlights, however, the power of the mask perverted him. I interpret this as a metaphor of the corrupting influence society has on children.

Great thread. I look forward to reading other peoples' responses in the near future.

MM is it for me. All the different sad back stories are just to much for me to take! Especially when you find out about the deku butler's son :(

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Definitely Skyward Sword. I'd put Majora's Mask at a close second due to its intense gameplay and character interaction, but SS just has an incredibly thick story for a Zelda game with the most amount of story expansion and character development (Ghirahim, Zelda, Groose, and even Link). By a long shot. The gameplay is also superior to all past titles with its revolutionary and innovative Wii MotionPlus and impressive AI (for Zelda). Everything about SS is deep and immersive, something most other Zelda titles can't boast.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom