• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Death Mountain: Site of a Massacre

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
In TP a Goron throws link over a high cliff shouting 'A weak spirit is no match for the might of the Gorons'. They are clearly a race obsessed with srength and dominance, a weak species like the mogmas must have seemed beneath them so they got rid of them.
I agree the Goron's moved there for the rocks, but because it was already colonised the Gorons decided to wipe out opposition.
The Gorons are shown to have formed a patriarchal society in TP. This leads me to believe they did in the past. You say the gorons seem nice, well most could actually be, but what the leader says has to be done. If he was a bloodthirsty guy and he wanted mogmas gone, they would be gone.

The Gorons have been described as valuing strength, but it is never truly implied that they kill off the weaker species. In TP, the Hylians are living peacefully at the base of Death Mountain, and the Gorons do certainly believe that the Hylians are weaker but never move to physically attack the village. Most of the hostility shown in the game was a distrust, as the Gorons were having issues in their mines. Not because they thought the Hylians were weak.

Again, much of what you are saying is speculation. Yes, the Gorons did value physical strength but they weren't disgusted by weakness.

Honestly, I think the mogmas weren't a dominant race. I believe they just all died off. I know the Gorons wouldn't kill them, seeing as how they are a relatively peaceful race. The mogmas were unfortunate.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Play Hyrule warriors, Gorons are as violent as races come. Some kill their enemies by stoning them with large rocks. Others roll over their victims killing them by crushing pretty much every bone in their body.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Because the Game involves a war it doesn't count? There were wars in Hylian History, from the Demise vs Hylia war to the imprisoning war, to the interloper war. Just because regular Zelda does not comtain in game war, does not mean it does not occur. Because of the lack of Mogmas and the Gorons presence in their former homeland I speculate there was a fight which the Gorons won.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I'm with SMS on this one and HW can't be used to draw much evidence from. A lot of things were changed to increase the combat. For example, Volga can turn into a dragon but that isn't something ever seen in the Zelda series. Yet that exists in HW.

And in HW, the Gorons are actually fighting evil enemies. Not a race they think is weak.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Hyrule Warriors is a side game and is strictly non-canonical, so no, it doesn't count. Aonuma has said as much.

He said the hyrule in HW is in a separate universe which connects to parts of the established timeline and characters from that are brought together. Because it connects to the timeline the characters actions can be considered canon if they are brought from the world of OOT for instance. The gorons are very aggressive in that bit of the game where we visit death mountain so we know they would be aggressive even without the influence of the HW's version of Hyrule and characters.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
He said the hyrule in HW is in a separate universe which connects to parts of the established timeline and characters from that are brought together. Because it connects to the timeline the characters actions can be considered canon if they are brought from the world of OOT for instance. The gorons are very aggressive in that bit of the game where we visit death mountain so we know they would be aggressive even without the influence of the HW's version of Hyrule and characters.

Idk, I think there is just to many possibilities that could have caused the disappearance of the Mogma, I listed many of them in my second post on the first page of this thread. We can just never determine the answer with what little we know, everything here will always just be theories.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Idk, I think there is just to many possibilities that could have caused the disappearance of the Mogma, I listed many of them in my second post on the first page of this thread. We can just never determine the answer with what little we know, everything here will always just be theories.

Good thing we are in the theory section then :D

Within the Zelda canon, there is the timeline, but there has always been the sense of the main story and kind of a side story. Like, Majora's Mask might be considered part of that, though it does exist as part of the timeline. With Hyrule Warriors, there is a link between the two, but it exists as a separate dimension, so it doesn't exist as part of the main canon. Lately I have been thinking of it similar to The Avengers.
Each of the characters has their own timeline, so there shouldn't be any crossover there, but maybe they've been brought together as part of that story?
...Maybe if you force it in somewhere, but that's not something we want to do. The universe of Hyrule Warriors really is sort of a different universe and it is connected to the timeline of the Zelda series, but it is connected to several different games throughout the series. If you try and force this into it here [Aonuma places his hands in the air indicating different levels of the timeline], then…that information might not be complete. We really don't want to put it in the timeline because it has links to the different parts of the timeline.

He is saying it is connected to the different games so far as there are characters from all over the Zelda universe, but it is simply not canon in the main timeline nor do they want it to be for various reasons as it would be forced and likely contradict a lot.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Yep. I guess my point is that nintendo should have added it in Hyrule Historia, afterall it is Hylian History.

There are so many things they could have gone into detail about in Hyrule Historia that they just didn't. The origins of Bongo Bongo, the hero who defeated Volvagia long ago. More about the interloper war, the disappearance of the Mogmas... so many unanswered mysteries, which to be honest I don't think they even know themselves.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
There are so many things they could have gone into detail about in Hyrule Historia that they just didn't. The origins of Bongo Bongo, the hero who defeated Volvagia long ago. More about the interloper war, the disappearance of the Mogmas... so many unanswered mysteries, which to be honest I don't think they even know themselves.

Wouldn't be a suprise if they didn't know how to answer the mysteries. Anyway we already know a little about the hero who killed Volvagia, we know it was a Goron because Durania is supposedly related to that hero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom