• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Darknuts (WW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hobbun

Hi, new here. :)

I am playing Wind Waker again for the second time as I did not finish the first time through and will say I am really enjoying it.

But anyways, what is the best place for Darknuts? I am actually looking for more Knights Crests. I am already past Hyrule Castle (when they were frozen) so I can't get them there. Is there an island that is good for them? I only need 3 of them. (I think it's 10 Crests to give to Orca for the hurricane attack?)

Thanks for any help.

There's a cave on Outset Island which you need the Deku Leaf to get to (and the power bracelets) It's a sort of cave of ordeals and has a few Darknuts in there. They're generally in most the dungeons too. There's also another hole on Dragon Roost Island which you only need a bomb. (it's near the sanctuary you learnt the wind's song from) There's 3 Darknuts in each cave (the cave or ordealy cave might have more).

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
I think this belongs in the Game Help Forum, but then again I could be wrong.
Well, you have already stormed Hyrule Castle, try the Tower of he God's and that Cave of Ordeals type place you can find underneath that huge rock on Outset Island.

H

Hobbun

Ok, thanks! Will check both of those places out.

Yes, I have heard of that cave on Outset Island. The 50 floor cave.

Sorry, I didn't know there was an actual help forum. I will keep that in mind in the future.

There are a few other areas that might be easier than doing the Cave of Ordeals, because the Darknuts are only at the bottom if memory serves.

If you've gotten the Fire and Ice Arrows, you can go to Ice Ring Isle. Inside, after you get the Iron Boots, there's another little cave you can fall down into, which has a bunch of Moblins and Darknuts.

There's also two other islands which have caves filled with enemies, including Darknuts. I think they're Stone Watcher Island and Overlook Island. Although to enter the caves you need the Power Bracelet and the Hookshot, respectively.

You can also find a few in the Earth and Wind Temples, but those are dungeons and I believe you only encounter them as minibosses in them. ;)

Like everyone else said, The Salvage Labrynth is the best place I can think of. Other than that, there is a hole on Dragon Roost Island were you can find some in there. There is also some in Dungoens too if you feel like returning to them..

I don't think you can get spoils in the Salvage Labryinth. Of all the times I've been down there, none of the enemies dropped any goodies for me... But, then again, I haven't tested out my grappling hook on the enemies down there. I'll have to try that out.

Edit: I tried it, it does work, but you need to do it after the darknuts' armor falls off.

Last edited:
L

Link09

Try going to the temple of time , then head up to ganon's castle but before you enter you will encounter a darknut , defeat the darknut but, don't enter ganon's castle. Just repeat intill you have enough.

H

Hobbun

Try going to the temple of time , then head up to ganon's castle but before you enter you will encounter a darknut , defeat the darknut but, don't enter ganon's castle. Just repeat intill you have enough.

Now, this is Wind Waker, not Ocarina of Time. I know it doesn't say it in my post, but I originally had posted this under the Wind Waker forum not realizing there was an actual help forum.

I now have 8 Knight's crests, only need two more. I'll probably just pick them up in the Salvage Labryinth.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
Now, this is Wind Waker, not Ocarina of Time. I know it doesn't say it in my post, but I originally had posted this under the Wind Waker forum not realizing there was an actual help forum.

I now have 8 Knight's crests, only need two more. I'll probably just pick them up in the Salvage Labryinth.

This made my day..

ANYWAY,

After you get the triforce stuff go back to hyrule, down the statue, and notice that ganondorf has captured zelda, he'll send two darknuts to attack you(Thats two right off the bat). Then, in Ganondorfs castle theirs a couple in their as well.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
But, once you get back to Hyrule, you can't return to Outset Island and give them to Orca.

Yes you can. After you have defeated all the phantom ganons and got the light arrows..you'll go back to the main room. You can defeat phantom ganon with the light arrows. After he is beaten.. go into the doors on either side and find the room where the candles are..a little cutscene will show you where the candles are..you'll have to memorize which candle has however many sticks lit. Now, once you have it memorized, go back out and go across to the other room. It'll be much similar to the candle room. Use your boomerang and hit the orbs in order from however many candle sticks were lit. (Ex. If only 1 candle stick was lit, that would go first) NOW, after you have hit them all, a purple-ish black-ish orb will appear than, your boat will apear(The Red Lion Boat) and ask you if theirs anything you need from above, he'll send you their. And yes, I have gone up. It'll take you right to the forbidden fortress. You can travel out from their to any Island. Oh and if you have forgotten or havent got to this part yet.. after you have destroyed the last phantom ganon(this guy is after you've received the light arrows) pick up his sword and swing it to the bricked door. The brick door WILL open and that'll lead you farther in Ganons castle.

-gasps for air-

EDIT: Excuse me. I wasnt paying a lot of attention when I read your post.. Yes that is true. But once you progress in Ganons Castle, defeat all four bosses again, and get to where I am talking about, you'll be able to return them.

L

Link09

Hobbun, just repeat. what I meant by that is exit Hyrule and enter it again go back to where the darknut was and defeat him again.Or just enter Ganon's castle and defeat the darknut. You can repeat this as many times as you want.

H

Hobbun

This made my day..

ANYWAY,

After you get the triforce stuff go back to hyrule, down the statue, and notice that ganondorf has captured zelda, he'll send two darknuts to attack you(Thats two right off the bat). Then, in Ganondorfs castle theirs a couple in their as well.

Well I am sorry I made the mistake. I am not to that point yet. How am I supposed to know? The only point I remember being a "Temple of Time" was in OoT.

But please watch it on the spoilers from now on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom