• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dark Interloper's/Twili, Good or Evil?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
This thread is going to touch on the Dark Interloper race or (twili race) and thier supposed origins and what there intentions where...Good or Evil?

First am just going to touch on the baisc origins of this race so we can get an understanding! (Feel free to skip this if you know the basic origins)

The Dark Interlopers were essentially I tribe of sorcerers, who tried to establish domain over the sacred realm...Reasons are unknown but they used a powerful item known as the fused shadow, however the 3 light spirits intervened and sealed them within another realm. This realm came to be known as the Twilight Realm and over time the descendents of the original Dark Interlopers became to establish order and peace within this realm.

Now imo I think this took place between the events of Skyward Sword and the Minish Cap during the Era of Chaos! This is suggested by the intensions of the tribe, that i will mention later and the fact that the sacred realm was sealed by the Master Sword until OoT so it would have had to take place during this time period. Now this gives us a pretty good idea of how this race dates back...but imo we need to touch on thier intentions!

I seen this briefly touched upon in another thread, I think that the Dark interloper race were an isolated tribe and didn't serve good nor evil hence "twilight" This maybe suggests that the tribe where free and did what they pleased. Now if we look at the term "interloper" we see that it means "a person who invades" this suggests to me that the name was founded from the fact that they invaded the Sacred Realm. So this makes me think they were just known as a tribe of sorcerers "unknown name".

Now I find it strange that the word "tribe"s used, now we see 3 figures in the scene in Twilight Princess...3 figures doesn't sound like a tribe to me! The word "dark" is also used now this could mean that these particular 3 were for the purposes of serving dark intentions. Now in Twilight Princess we see a contrast of intentions...Zant is hungry for power and would even curse his own people, while Midna even though her intentions are slightly un clear throughout parts of the game we know she has a good heart and risks her life to save the light world.

Now this makes me think that this so called "dark interloper" tribe are more than just the 3 figures we see in Twilight Princess, I think they were a tribe of Sorcerers who served for the purpose of chaos! They never joined any side, Good or Evil...So in my opinion I still think that out in the world of Hyrule there are descendants of this "Tribe" as only 3 got sealed up.....However that is for another thread I have in mind :P

Tell me guys what you think about this tribe, do you think they served good or evil or do you agree with my Opinion? Have fun People!

Last edited:

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Dark is not evil, Light is not good...

Allow me to quote myself
I'm not sure, I think the Sols are something more than light, they represent good, TP makes a huge distinction between dark and evil and light and good

If they were just light then the shadow beasts couldn't exist in the world in light, they would die/turn back into twili when they came in contact with the light of the spirits, however, instead of being obliterated by the light, a single shadow beast can overpower a light spirit (almost happened to Ordona)

The Black fog inside the castle of twilight is repelled by the Sols, and Midna says that the fog is made of the same crystals Zant used to make Link a wolf permanently, the light could not drive that crystal away from Link, but the good of the master sword could, that means the master sword and the Sols have similar properties, and indeed, while the master sword deals extra damage against shadow beasts, the Sols reverse the process of the twili turning into monsters entirely, and drives away Zant's magic, Zant hid them because they were his weakness, they were like batteries that contained huge amounts of the "energy" used by the Master sword

It is said that light and darkness cannot coexist, in the light world, either the area is completely blanketed by twilight or there is no twilight at all, if the Sols were light they would Clash with the darkness of the twilight realm, instead they are good

Now, since Link drains the Sols of all their power then the hero left the twilight realm royally screwed :)
There, now that you've (hopefully) read that, I am ready to elaborate

I think you are forgetting the importance of the Sols, the Sols represent Good, why did the Gods/Spirits feel the need to put a goodness core on the twilight realm, maybe it was to balance out the evil on the original interloper's hearts, the three figures you mentioned were a metaphor, an hallucination induced by Lanayru. The actual interlopers were probably a whole tribe, seeing how their offspring became a great kingdom.

The original interlopers were evil ,they wanted the triforce for themselves and earned a punishment by the gods for it, they were probably human (or Goron, Zora or another Zelda race... Sheikah?), the darkness of the twilight realm changed their bodies, but the goodness of the Sols changed their minds

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Dark is not evil, Light is not good...

Allow me to quote myself

There, now that you've (hopefully) read that, I am ready to elaborate

I think you are forgetting the importance of the Sols, the Sols represent Good, why did the Gods/Spirits feel the need to put a goodness core on the twilight realm, maybe it was to balance out the evil on the original interloper's hearts, the three figures you mentioned were a metaphor, an hallucination induced by Lanayru. The actual interlopers were probably a whole tribe, seeing how their offspring became a great kingdom.

The original interlopers were evil ,they wanted the triforce for themselves and earned a punishment by the gods for it, they were probably human (or Goron, Zora or another Zelda race... Sheikah?), the darkness of the twilight realm changed their bodies, but the goodness of the Sols changed their minds

I see where your coming from but you cannot banish a theory without any true evidence! Am afraid the only thing we have to go off is that scene in Lanayru....Plus it is stated that the Dark Interlopers were a tribe of sorcerers, so I doubt they were apart of another tribe as you stated, Zora, Goron, Hylian Ect.

In my opinion I think that the original tribe fought for themselves not good not evil! However some of the tribe decided that they wanted to rule the Sacred Realm for themselves. I think that remnants of this original tribe are mentioned in many games and are even present in a few but am gonna make a thread on that soon! Plus I like your theory on the whole Sols idea :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom