• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dampé's Theory

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
There are way too many "what-ifs" and "maybes" in this thread, both from the TS and from others.

Quite a lot of evidence has been provided showing that it doesn't make sense for the Poe collector to be the graveyard boy. There have also been threads dedicated to this subject, from which I gathered the same conclusion. This can't be countered by what-ifs and maybes.

Yes, Dampe lives and works around Poes. Evidence inside Dampe's shack indicates that he's very interested in the Shadow Temple. The Poes may or may not be relevant (they may as well just be there because it's a graveyard), but it's a valid point to bring up. However, it's worth noting that the poes come out at night, while the graveyard boy can only be seen during the day. Tying the boy to the poes is too much of a leap, imo.

I do like that you've supplied several factual points to support your conclusion, but your presentation betrays a fault in your process. It is evident that the theory was formed first, and then evidence was sought to support it. This invariably leads to facts being twisted to support theories, rather than the other way around as it should be. I don't see any facts that can be used to twist a theory into one that involves the graveyard boy resurrecting Dampe.

Con-man

Master Swordsman
I like this theory, but i believe the gaurd theory is stronger one. Sometimes I wish Nintendo would let the fans write the storyline to a game, would that not be friggin awesome?

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
I like this theory, but i believe the gaurd theory is stronger one. Sometimes I wish Nintendo would let the fans write the storyline to a game, would that not be friggin awesome?

Not really, fans (myself included) think they can create great storylines easily, but Nintendo has professionals that know how to do the thing.

Pen

The game is on!
I like this theory very much actually. Although I don't think it was what Nintendo intended... or perhaps it was... Anyway, it is definitely a theory I will keep in mind. Good work, dude! ;)

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
Cool theory, but I do believe that the Poe Collector is the Guard who resided in the same house in the Past. When you talk to the Guard as a child, he mentions his secret love for such dark things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom