• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Cutscenes

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
do you think there will be 3d cutscenes like in phantom hourglass and spirit tracks even though its topdown

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I highly doubt it. This game is made in ALttP's spirit. We'll probably get top down cutscenes.

Big Octo

=^)
I would expect everything to remain top-down, as was the case in the original A Link to the Past. It helps capture the original feeling of the game.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
What they said. Since the game is, in a way, a tribute to ALttP, then they are going to want to keep the game as close as possible to the original. This includes top-down cutscenes.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Yes, I do think there will be 3D third person perspective cutscenes just like in PH and ST. Why? Well, it's for the same reason as for PH and ST, Nintendo has moved on from the overview cutscenes cause that they don't need it that much anymore. The reason why they used overview cutscenes for the 2D Zelda games is because they were limited to that option. They might just use overview for minor sequences but not for major important story plot scenes. The I really think they will continue to make use of the 3D third person style cutscenes they used for PH and ST cause using overview scenes in a 3-dimensional game world will make the 3D seem pointless. Think about what of type of system ALBW is for. That's right, the 3DS not the 2DS. Nintendo even said that they want to make use of the "2D overview to 3D third person" aspect. Keep in mind that this applies for the game overall, not just gameplay.

DarkLink17

Well then
I would expect everything to remain top-down, as was the case in the original A Link to the Past. It helps capture the original feeling of the game.

This exactly. Although I'm sure they are going to keep it top-down, the 3D depth power will be utilized for text boxes, objects, etc.

VitaTempusN92

This exactly. Although I'm sure they are going to keep it top-down, the 3D depth power will be utilized for text boxes, objects, etc.

If they go with that, that would ruin the purpose of the "2D overview to 3D third person" aspect Nintendo is trying to go for let alone the purpose of the 3DS. Now, the more I think about it, the more I question, why do they have to have ALBW be overview? I personally think ALBW would be much better if it was in 3D third person perspective. I mean it does use OoT 3D's engine after all, doesn't it? I kinda starting to get annoying of top-down perspective. I think Nintendo should start making more Zelda games that are in third person. I mean, I don't mind top-down for a 2D game, but in 3D it's starting seem out of place now, the more I think about it.

VitaTempusN92

Why don't they just do away with cutscenes in general.

Um, no, that would make it like Zelda 1, with hardly any story in-game, making it not as great as the other games. Seriously, why can't anyone just wait until Nintendo makes more confirmations on the game to speculate on it? Or maybe, even better for the of my sanity, why can't people just wait until the game is out to voice their opinions on it? Seriously, I starting to get of this speculation on this game, especially how it's been following. It's ruining my anticipation for the game. I just hope Nintendo to confirm a great storyline and plot for the game, one that makes sense and place it in spot the very spot on the timeline where it would make sense to take on, like from what I've been seeing so far, After OoT and before ALttP would the best fit for the game, at least in my opinion anyways. Basically, I just want to be able to enjoy playing this new game when it's released, not have it be ruined by disappointment. I getting to the point where I'm only going to listen to Nintendo when it comes to ALBW, so I'm sure just what the din is going on with the game. It'd also be nice if Nintendo would fix Link's hair by giving it the similar kind of detail that OoT Link had in OoT 3D but the hairstyle for ALBW Link can stay the same though just with more detail so it actually looks like hair and not some plastic and fake wig thing. They should also replace that basic looking shield that looks like something made by a fan with the Hylian Shield shown in the artwork. Anyways that is all I have to say for now, I'm tired. :tired:

Salem

SICK
Seriously, why can't anyone just wait until Nintendo makes more confirmations on the game to speculate on it? Or maybe, even better for the of my sanity, why can't people just wait until the game is out to voice their opinions on it? Seriously, I starting to get of this speculation on this game, especially how it's been following. It's ruining my anticipation for the game.
I think part of the point of speculation is to guess things about the game before anything is confirmed.

VitaTempusN92

I think part of the point of speculation is to guess things about the game before anything is confirmed.

I know but what I was trying to say is that the way people have been speculating on ALBW lately has been driving me crazy. Especially since E3 as I started to notice more of drastic turn of direction with ALBW mostly going Nintendo's actions of what they revealed so far of the game including to proceed with further confirmation of the Dark World's return, yet only in the interviews as now Nintendo still proceeds in calling ALBW a game that sets after ALttP when it clearly doesn't appear that way to me as what I've been seeing of the game, to me, the game looks more like it will set before ALttP. So I've been very skeptical about the game lately. In hopes of other being skeptical about the game as well, so I was kinda expecting that but apparently, I should've known, that there would be people that still oblivious as to just what the Din is really going on with the game. I'll explain more on feelings about this a thread I will post later. I've already started to the thread but I've saved what I have so far to a notepad text file cause the thread post will be very long so it will be awhile before it is posted.

Salem

SICK
I know but what I was trying to say is that the way people have been speculating on ALBW lately has been driving me crazy. Especially since E3 as I started to notice more of drastic turn of direction with ALBW mostly going Nintendo's actions of what they revealed so far of the game including to proceed with further confirmation of the Dark World's return, yet only in the interviews as now Nintendo still proceeds in calling ALBW a game that sets after ALttP when it clearly doesn't appear that way to me as what I've been seeing of the game, to me, the game looks more like it will set before ALttP. So I've been very skeptical about the game lately. In hopes of other being skeptical about the game as well, so I was kinda expecting that but apparently, I should've known, that there would be people that still oblivious as to just what the Din is really going on with the game. I'll explain more on feelings about this a thread I will post later. I've already started to the thread but I've saved what I have so far to a notepad text file cause the thread post will be very long so it will be awhile before it is posted.
Why should it drive you crazy?

bunny

birb overlord
I guess it's possible, but I seriously doubt it. Like others have pointed out, this game is a sequel to A Link to the Past. I think top-down cutscenes are the way to go with the style of A Link Between Worlds. Plus I think it'll give the game some charm. Nintendo's trying to mix up the series a bit, and I think they're going in the right direction. I'll be honest, I wasn't very impressed with the graphics in the trailer, but it's starting to grow on me. Zelda is going to need change if the series wants to survive, so I'm not going to judge this game based on it's predecessors; I don't think that's fair. I'm excited to see what the team comes up with for cutscenes in LBW.

I'm always impressed when a cut-scene comes up on a handheld. But in most games It's kinda weird. Like with Chrono Trigger, with the pix-elated sprites and the top down view you had to fantasize how the characters looked, which I liked. But then the cut-scenes came and they looked terrible :/

From what I've seen from the trailer and the E3 footage, Link isn't as "high definition" as the Link from PH/ST (In which they showed the characters exactly like you would see), so I would either want top down cut-scenes or none at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom